Arc 1.4

The plan has been finalized and is set to go the next day. Each prince prepares their weapons and heart. Confidence and arrogance clouding their judgement; greed for wealth and the title of hero overtaking their souls. One prince laughs and sneers at them, the other is silent and doesn't really care for what they do. He's got his own plan to worry about.

When Cerise heard about their plan he almost laughed.

"This Prince Caleb is really sly, he wants to get rid of all the future heirs so that the kingdoms are in trouble and easier to take down. Plus, if they do succeed in killing me, they would be tired and he could kill the survivors off and take my treasure. Really, killing two birds with one stone."

[System: Jing was also surprised his evilness but they won't be able to hurt Host now that he knows everything~ ∠( ᐛ 」∠)_]

Cerise smiles, "Well, lets see how this turns out."

It's the afternoon and the plan is ready to commence. One group had already stealthily made their way to either side of the stone bridge getting close as possible to the dragon, waiting for the signal. Another group wait at the other end at the edge of the forest, among them is Prince Caleb, they send the best archer among the princes to go. The rest will also charge when given the signal.

The archer prince makes his way across the bridge. Everything is silent, the pressure thick, making his knees shake a bit. He steadily draws closer with his bow drawn and ready to shoot. He comes closer, aims, then shoots.

Thunk

He misses, the reinforcement group sneers in impatience, they can't really see what happened since they're a bit far away but they didn't hear the dragon's roar. The archer prince takes aim once more, he moves a bit closer, the dragon is sitting up and looking down on him, unmoving.

The prince takes aim once more, aiming for the right eye, then shoots.

Pishi

It hit!

The dragon throws his head back and cries out a painful roar. The sound deafening, the vibrations of the sound reaching all the way to their hearts.

The signal.

The archer smirks in victory.

The hidden group rushes out of their hiding with war cries.

The reinforcement also runs out towards the dragon.

. . . 

The archer pales.

The hidden group freezes, their bodies cold with fear.

The reinforcement stood behind the archer, blood draining from their faces.

. . .

The enormous black dragon is absolutely still, like a predator ready to launch an attack it has hunched shoulders. It then slowly smiles a wicked grin, showing off its razor sharp teeth, thick drool spilling down his powerful jaws. It's two eyes wide open, black slits for pupils.

They were tricked.

The princes are terrified, they feel an outrageous pressure making them kneel to the ground. A thick aura of death. They can't stop shaking, their eyes and hands twitching like mad.

They're going to die.

Then came the first scream. The first death. They try to run but a spear-like tail impales their armored bodies. Blood dripping to the ground.