Arc 1.3

In a large clearing in the middle of the forest lay multiple tents where the many knights of Cornelis reside, all lined up orderly. At the very center stood the largest tent of them all. It was obvious at a glance that the materials for this tent was of much more higher quality and the fact that the strongest knights stood guard at the entrance gave clue to the resident.

When the Pauper Prince had arrived all the remaining princes were seated at a large table in discussion, they merely took a brief glance at the newcomer before continuing their talk. Only they would know how they themselves truly felt.

"His aura is something, but look at those shabby clothes. . . "

"How could he be more handsome then I?"

"I guess he's one of the ones who were sent here without a care. A pity. . . "

The Pauper Prince notices all the flashes of emotions in their eyes-pity, jealousy, disgust-but took no notice. He sat himself down at a secluded corner of the table, two knights stood behind him in guarded position. It was only after awhile did the host of this meeting was announced his arrival.

"Please welcome the first Prince of Cornelis, his royal highness, Prince Caleb."

In walked in Prince Caleb, he wore magnificent armor like that of a hero with an aura of friendliness and confidence. He strode to the seat at the end of the table and sat down with a practiced smile.

"Thank you everyone for coming, as the Prince of Cornelis I welcome you to my humble campsite."

Many sneered for his "fashionably late" attitude but hid it well. Neither of them can afford to offend him due to his background. And so the meeting began.

"I gathered everyone here to strategize on how to take down the dragon. As we all know, no one thus far had been able to defeat it, and many princes today had fallen in brutal deaths."

Some shivered when they remembered the events earlier today. Prince Caleb continued.

"I have a few plans in mind but it would need the help of others."

"And what is this plan of yours?", one questioned.

He responded, "So far, we observed a few weaknesses of the beast. One, it has a limited range due to it being chained down. Two, it's large body makes it easier to attack. And lastly, it is known that its eyes and belly are more prone to attacks due to it not being protected."

Many nodded in realization and agreement. "So what do you suggest we do?"

Prince Caleb smiled, a strange light passing through his eyes. "I believe that there is no way to defeat the beast alone-"

"Are you saying to attack the dragon all at once?!"

"But it has always been one challenger at a time to prove who is the strongest!"

"It's the tradition and has been so for a hundred years!"

Hearing all the oppositions, Prince Caleb does not get angry and continues calmly, "Even so, it is a fact that no one was even able to get close to the beast or wound it. Not even a nick." This time, his face turns serious. "Did you not see the pile of bones, the blood staining the bridge stones, that beast is mocking us. Do you not feel angered?!"

The others turn silent at this, meanwhile, the Pauper Prince observes all this silently. He feels that something isn't right about Prince Caleb.

His suspicions are further strengthened by his next words:

"My plan is to have one person go up and blind the dragon, the others will be hidden under the bridge then attack when they hear the beast's cries. Another group will be waiting at the entrance, once the beast is blinded and ambushed, they will come as reinforcements then finish it off."

The others finished listening and contemplated on the plan, it seemed logical and doable. And seeing the look of confidence on Prince Caleb's face gave them a slight reassurance.

The silent Pauper Prince at the corner looks at their faces then mentally sigh. Obviously, these young princes, although given proper teachings and knowledge, does not have real-life experience. Their fear and anxiety further obstructs their ability to think rationally. With a bit of coaxing by Prince Caleb, they agree to the plan without a second thought. This plan will lead to their deaths.

He looks toward the calm face sitting at the center.

This guy is trying to get them all killed.