Arc 1.6

Hayoru: One more chapter after this. . .

• • • • •

System Godmother Jing was feeling so very disappointed.

Nobody knew best but himself how excited he was to meet his first real-life magical princess who also came with a curse.

The full package of a true fairytale princess.

But now he's being sorely disappointed and even his view of True Love's kiss was crumbling witnessing how it worked for just about anybody.

Jing looked back at the castle, shaking his head. He already whined his complaints to his host only to be responded with a, "Totally called it." 

Flashback to ten minutes ago. . .

Princess Briar Rose: "Brave hero, thank you for awakening me from this horrid curse that has kept me in a death-like sleep. How could I ever repay you?"

She blushed.

Everyone: . . .

Cerise almost laughed. Well, he did. This girl was obviously spoiled and the scheming bitch type. A poor one at that.

Prince Aiden was thinking the same, though to the Princess, she thought he was already in love with her. Who wouldn't? Just look at her!

If anyone heard her thoughts, they would have laughed hard enough to fart. Or maybe call her a toilet and tell her how full of crap she was. 

She blushed again, "Please, call me Rose."

Prince Aiden ignored her and turned to the knights, "We should get go-"

"KYAAAAAAAA~!!! It's a hideous beast!!!" She screeched, pointing at Cerise. She ran over to him then gently tugged on Aiden's sleeve with wet eyes making herself look pitiful and scared.

Aiden looked down on her with annoyance. He forcefully shook her off then went to the fuming Cerise. He needed to pacify his dragon.

Rose, thinking that he was going to finish the beast off, smirked, but was then dumbfounded when the person started caressing the beast while whispering sweet nothings. She was confused.

"W-What are you doing? Aren't you going to slay the beast?"

Aiden has had enough with this nonsense, so did the knights who were getting annoyed with her bad acting and personality.

He replied cooly, "Your kingdom had died off already since you were the only heir, it's already been a hundred years. I suggest you go to the village at the other side of the forest or you can stay here and go back to sleep. I don't really care."

He made his way out, his knights following, then paused, "Also, Cerise is much prettier than you."

Cerise blushed. S-Since when did this guy learn to sweet talk!

Rose was dumbfounded, did he just call her ugly!?

The knights were already used to this behavior now, their prince treated the dragon more like a lover then a pet. They couldn't really say anything about it.

They all left the castle, leaving Rose behind. Cerise also climbed back down.

Rose stood alone in her room. She gritted her teeth. This wasn't fair. This wasn't suppose to happen! She was promised, she was promised power and riches. All she had to do was wait for the most handsome and strongest prince to wake her up and make her his queen. She was supposed to have everything! Where was that stupid little witch!? Wait, she's probably dead.