The Alpha's Rogue Mate Book 2

Jinx:

After Brownie was declared a rogue my pack as been more at peace. Buckeye's sight is become beter, thanks to my mate, Sapphire. Poppy and Buckeye decided to wait another year to have pups, but Sapphire and I decided not to wait. I stood up, stretched, and shook the dirt from my glossy black fur.

"Are you comming with Sapphire?" I asked her. She shook her head.

"I don't think I should. I don't want to face my old pack" she admitted.

"Oh come on, it'll be fine" I told her. She still looked worried, but she agreed anyway. Berry came running over with a bundle of herbs in her mout.

"Here Sapphire. Some Chamomile to strengthen the heart and sooth the mind" Berry said.

"Thank you Berry" Sapphire said. She ate the herbs hesitantely, they were quite bitter. After that met up with Ryde, my beta we dashed away from camp towards the lake. As we ran a loud, melodic howl reached my ears.

"What pack is that?" Sapphire asked.

"The Ice Lunars. The pack of all the other packs ancestors" I explained, the howl meant that the meeting was to begin soon. If you were good when you died you went to go joiin the Ice Lunars (Heaven) They are said to live on the lake, and only appear during the full moon. A wooden board floated in the lake, no one knows how the wooden board got here, but it helps us reach the island in the middle of the lake. A sweet grassy scent reached my nose, the Willow Grass Pack, and an earthy scent, the Moonshire pack. My body tensed at the Moonshires scent. Sapphire was apart of the Moonshire Pack once, but they exiled her to be a rogue for unknown reasons. I pushed my way through the bushes into a wide clearing. I hopped up on a log. Ryder came through the bushes next followed by Sapphire. Sapphire sat down next to me glancing once at the other pack alpha's.

"You finaly found a mate, congratulations" said Raven, the alpha female of Willow Grass. Her mate, Mako, nodded his head once. They seemed a little cautious for some reason.

"So that's your mate. Sapphire" muttered Chocolate, her eyes were narrowed.

"All are here I see, the meeting may begin" I said trying to take some attention off my mate. I glanced again the Chocolate and Lightning. Then I noticed who sat near them, not just their beta but two other wolves. It was not forbiden to bring your pack, but it was rare the pack was brought to the alpha's meeting unless their was something important to be spoke of.

"Willow Grass Pack has been doing well. The elk are still plentifull. All four pups are still alive and healthy" Mako said. 

"Ice Lake Pack is also well. Plenty of caribou to hunt. Buckeye's damaged eye is healing thanks to Sapphire. We are expecting pups soon" I said, my chest swelled with pride. Sapphire was having pups, my pups. I was thrilled when Berry comfired that she was pregnant.

"Moonshire pack is doing exellent. Prey is more plentifull than ever, so other females of the pack are having pups" Lightning said, Chocolate nodded her head to comfirm this.

"Is there anything else to say or shall the meeting be closed?" asked Mako.

"Uh yes" Chocolate said. All eyes fell on hers and Lightning.

"Moonshire pack does not accept your mate Jinx" he growled. Sapphire starred right back at Lightnings cold-hearted eyes.

"And Ice Lake Pack doesn't care what your pack thinks" I growled. 

"You should because we are stronger than you" he growled back.

"Is that a threat?" I asked, my fur stood on end. What was wrong with them? Nothing was wrong with my mate.

"Shut your muzzles! The Ice Lunar's are upset, do you see the cloud covering the moon?" Raven snapped.

"I apologize. I ask you to not threaten my pack or my mate. This meeting is closed" I growled. I led Ryder and Sapphire away. 

"It's alright Sapphire, don't cry" I heard Ryder say. Fat tears swelled up in her eyes. 

"It's all my fault. The Moonshire pack will definetely declare war because of me!" Sapphire whimpered. I brushed my fur against her, "Don't cry, you did nothing wrong. Moonshire's pride is to blame" I told her. She sniffled softly while we used the wooden board to float back to the mainland.

"What's wrong?" Berry and Poppy asked.

"The Moonshire pack doesn't accept me. What if they start war?" Sapphire whimpered. Berry an I exchanged nervous glances.

"It's allright darling, why don't you get some rest" Berry said. Sapphire nodded and laid down by a tree.

"Jinx may I have a word with you" Berry whispered. I nodded my head. We walked away from camp so no one else would hear.

"This has to do with the vision" Berry told me. A moon ago (month) we both had a vision about a wolf with blue eyes full of kindness and wisdom. Ther was another wolf with dark eyes full of evil and had cold, death-smelling breath. It was after that dream that I realized Sapphire was my mate, and Brownie was the evil wolf.

"Tell me what how the meeting went" Berry ordered. I told her how Chocolate and Lightning brought half the pack with them, and everything else.

"Sound like they already knew. More than likely Brownie went to speak with them" Berry said. 

"That flea-bag" I growled. So this was what she did as revenge. She just couldn't accpet the fact that Sapphrie was my mate and not her. Now she's gone and turned the Moonshire pack against us. This was going to be hard, the Moonshires spring and summer den was right next to ours.