Leaf Fall's Early Winter

Jinx:

When I woke up and headed outside of the den it was now dry and I was greeted by a sharp blast of cold air from the east. My body shook from the cold, obviously it was the beginning of leaf-fall. Leaf-fall, the time when the leaves fall, the flowers die, and the long journey home; although, it seemed almost as cold as winter. I shook my fur out and started walking towards the lake. I crouched down and looked for fish, but there were none. I reached out to touch the cold water and found a thin, paper-like sheet of ice covering the water. I gasped, it was way to soon for the lake to start freezing. I dashed back to camp and howled for the pack to have a meeting.

"What's wrong Jinx?" Sapphire asked as everyone came out of the den.

"The lakes starting to freeze" I said.

"What, but it's to soon!" Poppy exclaimed. 

"If's only leafe bare though" Venom pointed out.

"I know, I want to hurry back to the leaf bare territory. Berry and Sappphire collect all herbs you can find around here. Ryder, Poppy, Venom, and Buckeye come with me to hunt for elk. After you collect the herbs meet up with us in the field" I said. Berry and Sapphire left to collect herbs while the rest of us dashed away towards the elk herd. Once at the field we stopped and let Ryder go on to find a good elk to take out. Everything was going well. We all killed the elk, Berry and Sapphire joined us later to eat. After eating we ran out again to the leaf-bare territory. 

The scent marks were still strong when we got there, but there was something else. I hurried through the camp towards the Moonshire border. I stopped at the scent of rogues. What were rogues doing so close to the boder? I started snifing aroudn at my scent mark and the rogues scent marking. 

"Hey! What are you doing so close to our territory?" a wolf snarled.

"What are you doing so close to my territory" I snarled back.

"What ever, you stay away" the wolf warned me. He dashed away into the bushes. 

"Jinx, we smell rogues near the boders" Ryder told me.

"I know. Apparently a pack of rogue wolves have made there territory between ours and the other pack wolves territory" I said. Ryder gasped. For the rogues to come so close was a bold move indeed. After strengthening the border marks Ryder and I returned to camp to tell the pack the news.

"What? They dare come so close?!" Venom snarled in rage.

"They came here just after Brownie was made a rogue" Berry said. 

"What do you mean, do you think Brownie has something to do with this?" I asked.

"Could be, she never was a pleasant wolf" Poppy said. 

"I want everyong to be alert for any signs of the flea-bag and any rogues. Be alert for moonshire wolves, too" I said.

"Moonshire wolves, why them?" asked Ryder. 

"Remember your encounter with a them?" I reminded him. Ryder growled at the memmory. Some wet touched my back. I looked up to see it snowing. My muzzle hung open in shock.

"Snow" Ryder whispered. The snow was falling heavily on our backs. Because it was only leaf-fall our winter coats have only just started growing. 

"T-to the d-den" I stuttered. Everyone hurried into the dens, Sapphire and I into ours. Thankfully the dens were still built well. 

"What's going on? Could Brownie really be causing trouble?" Sapphire asked, her body shaking as she lay down.

"Could be. Lets not worry about her" I said licking her muzzle, she returned the gesture. I lay down beside her, my ears perked up as I listened to the howling wind. "sleep" I heard a voice whisper. MY eyelids felt heavier as the voice whispered "sleep" repeatedly. I finaly closed my eyes and slept.

-Vision-

"Ryder what are you doing here?" asked Berry.

"I don't know I just fell asleep" I told her. The darkness around us brightened and I found myself high above the ground. I could see my territory and all the other wolves territories. I saw the rogues territory  in the snowy mountains. I watched them move closer to the packs territories. As they moved a cloud snowing followed them. They stopped between the three territories. From the center of their territory ice crept out, crackling as it did.

"What is that?"  Berry asked. I looked closer and there was a wolf beneath the ice, an odly familiar face. Soon the ice covered all the territories, and more wolves could be seen under the nice. The wolf I noticed first opened its muzzle and snarled loudly. Ice cracked and the packs territories shattered except for the rogue and moonshire wolves territory. Bits of ice flew up in my face, cold and sharp like splinters. The wolves were now above the ice. Brownie, her mate, the moonshire wolves, and the rogue wolves stood with her. Brownies form suddenly changed into a monster. Long claws, fangs that lengthened pass her lips, and her body was bigger. I starred at her new form fearfully. She was some sort of monster wolf! 

-End of Vision-

"Jinx are you okay? I think you were having a nightmare" Sapphire said. She sounded worried.

"I'm okay, yeah something like a nightmare" I told her. 

"Do you want to talk about it?" she asked. I shook my head. I didn't want her to be scared or stressed while pregnant. The early winter was surely because of Brownie and the rogues. I heard paws shuffling down the tunnel and Berry emerged from the hole.

"Everyone allright?" asked Berry. Sapphire and I nodded.

"My den exit is plugged up with snow" she explained. 

"The snow storm is started to fade. Everything will be fine in a little bit" I said. Berry nodded and disappeared down the tunnel to see the other wolves. I layed down, my head on my paws with Sapphire beside me. I drifted back into a dreamless, visionless sleep.