Blood of The Young

Jinx:

I paced around the border, making sure no one dared to cross it. The scent of the rogue wolves mixed with moonshire wolves smelled fowl and repelling as the harsh, cold wind blew from the east. I felt really stressed out, overly stressed. It could be because I'm now a father, or that the borders have been strangely peacefull. The bushes rustled nearby. Immediately I pounced on what was only a snow shoe hare. I picked it up and turned to take it back to the pack. Just then the bushes rustled again and out lunged a few rogue wolves. I whipped around and jumped at the one flying towards me on the right. The other two missed me. I bit down savely on the wolf I'd attacked. He strugged and beat me with his paws as if that would do anything. Unfortunately for him it wouldn't. I shook him like a rag doll before tossing him aside. I spun around ready to attact the other ones, but they were gone as well as my fresh killed prey! I snarled furiously and trotted back to camp. 'The lossy cowards ran off with my prey and sacrificed one of their own pack members!' I thought. It was truly horrifying to think of how rogue wolves lived.

"Ryder did you catch anything?" I asked Ryder. I hoped he had caught something for the pack.

"Nope, no one has" he answered me lowering his head.

"Those lousy rogues have taken the hare I caught" I snarled furiously.

"We need to do something" Venom spoke up, snarling with anger. 

"How so? We are outnumbed. Eight wolves against all of them would be impossible" Buckeye pointed out. I sighed softly, he was right. Most packs had about seven to ten, but with the Moonshire and Rogue wolves paired up we didn't have a chance. Besides Sapphire had pups she had to tend to. Bringing a battle so close to home could put her and the pups lives in danger. I held back a whimper of fear when I thought of her and the pups dying,

"Perhaps the Willow Pack wolves would be able to help" Poppy suggested quietly.

"Perhaps, but I doubt it. They aren't ones to cause trouble or put themselves in trouble" Vemon spoke bitterly about the Willow Pack. It was true what she said. I was doubting that they would help. Clouds gathered over head meaning it would snow soon or in a few days.

"Looks like it's going to snow" Poppy said.

"Yep, lots of it" I aggreed looking up at the dark, clouded sky.

"Everything is going to be covered in ice" Berry whispered quietly.

"What?" I asked whirling around to face her. 'Everything covered in ice' I thought remembering my dream.

"We need to act before then. Well goodnight everyone" I said. They gave me a strange look as I trotted back to Sapphires den. She was sleeping while her pups were nursing. Three of them I noticed weren't and shivered from the cold draft coming in. I hurried over, carefull not to wake Sapphire, and curled my body around their shivering bodies. They whimpered and whinned softly.

"Shhh... Daddy's here" I whispered quietly. Cold air driffted through the dens entrance hitting my back; although, my back was covered in fur so I didn't care. They nestled closer to me to warm up, and sighed content. Their fur was patchy, but at least it was coming in. 'My adorable pups' I thought grinning. I only cared for my pack, my mate, and my pups at the momment.

Brownie:

It would snow in a few days, I was sure of that. I trotted towards the high rock. I kept my head and tail high as I walked past the other wolves.

"The full moon is in a few days" our medicine wolf said. She had white fur and piercing blue eyes.

"Excelent" I growled. I stood up on the high rock now along side Flame, Vixen and Viper. 

"Bring the offering!" Viper snarled viciously at Flames brothers, Rebel and Razzor. It was a waxing cresent moon that hung above us.

"Are you sure this will work?" I asked Vixen curiously.

"It's a legen that has been passed down through the generations of rogue wolves in our pack. Of course it will" she reasured me. Vixen has been pretty nice to me, and she was a great role model. Snapping at omega's, the way she ordered the wolves beneath her with such viciousness inspired me. The high rock we stood on was smooth, flat, and large enough for the entire pack to gather around. They formed a circle and watched us. I held my head high and proud, enjoying my alpha status that I and Flame had claimed.

"The blood of the young, the blood of the wolves, and the blood of someone close to you; hate, or love. Their blood is drunken" Vixen announced to the pack with a loud, clear voice.

"On the first night it is the blood of the young we drink" Viper announced.

"Bring them forth" I growled fiercly with a grin spread wide across my face.

"Please no! They're my first! Take me instead!" a female wolf begged.

"I'm sorry" I heard Rebel whisper. Both Rebel and Razzor looked terrified, the scrawny weaklings.

"Please don't make this any harder my love. I'm so sorry" Rebel whispered as he brought up the small helpless puppies.

"and you say they're your nephew and nieces?" I asked.

"My brother Rebels pups they are" Flame answered. 

"Delightfull" I said licking Flames muzzle lovingly. 

"We drink tonight their blood! Please, ancestors that watch over us, give us their vitality and strength for as long as we may live!" Viper howled. The pack howled along and started walking around a cirlce around us. Only Rebel and his mate stood off to the side grieving for their pups about to be killed.

"Damu ya young. Vijana. Vitality. Milele" the wolves chanted. (Blood of the young. Youth. Vitality. Eternal) and they repeated this over and over. 

"Now, we feast!" Viper snarled. He bit down onto the pups neck, and we did the same. The pups squeeled loudly and thrashed about.

"No!" Rebels mate howled as we killed her pups, but Rebel held her back. Smart omega, if he allowed her to rescue her pups. Not only would they be dead, but she would too.