Middle Blood

Brownie:

The next sacrifice was brought up, an adult wolf.

"With their blood we shall gain their strength. There meat and blood will greatly sustain us and give one the strength of an entire pack!"  Viper said. Not just four, but eight adult wolves were brought forward.

"A pack must be strong! Let us feast on these wolves!" I announced. The wolves in the center trembled uncontrollably; I could sense there fear, and it was delicious. I licked my lips in anticipation of the feast. The wolves around smelled of nervousness, but appeared to be weary. I howled,

"Do not be nervous, but be gratfull and joyous" and with no warning Vixen and Viper lunged for the nearest wolf in the circle. Loud cries rose up and the sound of flesh being torn fataly. The scent of blood reached my nose and I litteraly lost it as well as te others. Beneath the moon the high rock was bathed in a blood bath of wolves blood. It was sickly delicious. The bodies were cast aside for those weeping and for those starving enough to touch them. My own body shook and I dropped down. Spasms rocked my body and I felt as if I were changing, growling larger and stronger! Yes I was surely growlng stronger! Such delicious, delightfull, delectable power. One could not savor the feeling of it long enough.

Rebel:

I didn' touch the rock, the blood, or the dead bodies. The wolves that had been mutilated, now dead, wore distrubed, shocked, and unpeacefull expressions. I sighed and trotted away, no longer able to look and weep over the loss. I had nown some of them. Once good, inocent wolves were now dead. I crept away from the pack and to the outer edges of pack territory, close to the Ice Lake Pack. I sighed softly. Jasmine was panting hard as if she'd just ran from here to the hunting grounds.  I felt fur brush my side, I looked up to see Razzor raced up to her side, not understanding what was wrong.

"Razzor calm down" Jasmine snapped at me. He recoiled away from her sharp teeth. She turned away from us, but not without flicker her tail his my face, to tend to Sweet Fur who appeared to be in great pain. I padded up to m nervous brother and nudged his side.

"Come on" I told him sharply. We trotted away leaving Jasmine and Sweet Fur behind. A while later I  heard soft footsteps on the snow and and the bush behind us rustle. Razzor whirled around.

"Is she okay?" he demanded to know.

"Razzor, enough. Just follow me" I snapped. When we returned Sweet Fur was curled around her one pup and Jasmine around two very small pups. I shook my head disapprovingly. This was no place to have pups, but there was no other place.

"I can't raise pups here, not with Brownie and the rogues around. They'll-" Jasmine began to sob.

"That's while we must move soon, but we must find a spot to raise them for a few nights. They're too young to move now" Sweet Fur said. Jasmine nodded understandingly and curled tighter around her very few pups. It was goind to be another cold night, but at least we had each other. There was still hope with each other.

Saphire:

I left the den to stretch. The pups were well sheltered from the icy winds out here which I was no longer used to you. I shivered as the wind blew against my back. My fur was still a bit patchy from the lack of nutrition in the past. All of the sudden something pounced on my back sending me tumbling through the snow. I reacted a bit more agressive than I should have and tood a mouthfull of fur into my mouth. In response Berry whimpered. I released her,

"You should have warned me" I complained.

"Sorry, I didn't think you'd be so tense" she told me with a sheepish grin. She stood up and shook out her fur. It smelled a bit sweet from the blueberries she rolled in giving it a bluish color. Another sweet scent reached my nose, two wolves trotted towards us carrying two fat snow shoe hares. Venom and Poppy bowed their heads in greeting. 

"Good to see you out of the den for once" Venom said.

"It's good to stretch my legs" I replied with a gratefull tone. I sat down and licked and bite away some ice between my front paws.

"How are the borders?" I asked curiously. Venom sighed, so I knew things must be rough,

"Tough, they grow very close to the borders. Especialy the rogues and omega's" she told me with a disgusting tone. She was angriest, next to Jinx and Buckeye, about the rogues being in pack wolf territory. 

Poppy, Vixens sister, added, "Jinx thinks the Moonshire Omega's are going to atempt crossing the border for food" I snarled in rage, but not at her.

"They. Wouldn't. Dare" I snarled. She recoiled slightly at my furiousity, her own fur bristled though. I wouldn't let it happen, not when I had pups to protect. In the distance I sensed something. An evil, the scent of blood being drawn, and a proud howl. I shook my head distastfully. 'To think I thought Brownie was okay at one point' I thought. From the oposite direction I heard another howl, Buckeye.

"Time to hunt" Venom said eagerly. A dark fured form raced over the snow towards us. I grinned when I saw Ryder. He lowered his head when his eyes met mine as a sign of respect. Then when his eyes went to Venom there was a light in them that flickered for a momment. 

"Jinx says theres a few injured elk traveling through" he said eagerly.

"We're with you" Venom said with the same eager tone.

"Ready, bye Saphire" Poppy said before sprinting away. Ryder whirled around through the snow, kicking up snow on Venom, and flicked his tail across her nose before sprinting off with her following close. I grinned, it was no lie that Ryder and Venom liked each other. Okay, they were a bit too arogant to tell each other. As I began walking back to the den I smelled something horribly wrong. I raced on faster. My body squeezed through the opening of the den easily. The next momment I tore down savegly on the fox that had its jaws hovering over one of my smallest pups. 'To close' I thought as I tossed it's quivering, bleeding, weak body into the river. My pups were safe, but that had been too close. Next time I won't leave the den for so long. I curled around my pups thinking how fotunant it had been they were alive and well. Next time I'd be more carefull.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the wait, will upload as soon as possible next time :)

-summer512