Four Packs Become 2: Rogue MoonsShire and Willow Ice Lake

Jinx:

I heard a loud, mournfull howl from somwhere near the southern border of my territory. Ryder growled and stood up tall, his fur bristling and lips curled in a snarl. He smelled it too, invaders. I dashed through the snow beside him and Buckeye who also happend to be around. 

"How's your eye?" Ryder asked him. Buckeye snorted,

"A lot better, thanks to Saphire's remidie" he said cheeffully. The strange scent grew stronger, and just up ahead a large black furred wolf with green eyes stood out against the pure white snow that swirled down from above onto the icy ground.  I skidded to a hault, and Ryder and Buckeye stood on gaurd just behind. Their fur bristling, bodies tense for action. 

"You smell like grass, I guess you are from the Willow Grass?" I asked, my voice blank. 'My pack never  has associated much with the Willow Grass pack, I'm suprised they're here' I thought curiously.

"I am Matrix from Willow Grass. This is Monty, Makita, and Shika" he said beckoning towards a couple wolves behind him. They were scrawny and frail looking. I felt a pang of pitty, and sorrow.

"We're refugee's from the Willow Grass Territory" Matrix told me. 'Refugee's?'

"Just what happened?" Ryder asked, his eyes widened in curiousity.

"The rogues" the tanish-brown wolf with brown ees growled; Monty. I couldn't stiffle the gasp that escaped my muzzle, neither could Buckeye.

"You see, our pack was slaughtered and the remains of our pack is us and whoever managed to flee" Nakita said, she was a tan-brown furred female with chocolate brown eyes. I noticed the size of her belly. 'They've witnessed their pack being slaughtered, she's an expecting female, and they now have to crawl up to another pack for help risking their pride and honnor' I thought.

"I can see where this is leading to, I can not promise you may stay with us, but you may stay for now until further notice" I told them.

"Oh thank you" Nakita said. She and the others bowed their heads respectully. I held my tail out straight and turned to Ryder,

"Ryder please escort them into the camp" I barked out the order. He nodded his head and the group left Buckeye and I.

"We may as well go hunting" I told him, and we ran in a different direction to go hunt a small elk. 

Sapphire:

I ordered Jasmine and Sweet Fur to leave the nursery, so they could stretch their legs and breath some fresh air. They were quite attached to their pups, but I made them leave for now anyway. It was for their own good. I faced the exit to the den, blocking any  cold air that occasionaly blew into the den. I was glad my eight pups were sleeping. With their eyes open they were curious and wanting to run out of the den too often now. A new scent reached my nose. I growled a warning to the nearby wolf. From out side the den I heard a whimper and a familiar face ducked into the den.

"So protective" teased Ryder. Behind him entered a tan-black wolf, Nakita. I didn't know her, and nor did I like her here when I had these pups to watch over. It was generations of instincts to be protective of your pups aroudn strangers.

"She's from Willow Grass, an expecting female" Ryder explaned, he pointed towards her with his tail. She didn't look at me and she held herself so low her belly fur brushed the ground. Though she was a stranger I admired her respect.

"The Willow Grass Sapphire, is no more" Ryder added. My eyes widened, but I didn't feel curious or did I wonder why or how. 'Brownie, there's no one else who could devise a plan and get away with slaughtering the Willow Grass pack than her' I thought. 

"Nice to meet you" I barked softly to Nakita. Her brown eyes met mine, and a wave of gratitudge and friendliness flashed in them. Ryder left us to rest, and later Sweet Fur and Jasmine returned. My pups had woken also, bouncing around and playing with moss-balls. It was amusing just to watch the little ones playing and running around. There was a small fight between a few, but it was quickly settled by the largest of the pups. They were already deciding who was the 'alpha pup'. I layed my head down, still watching them, but my thoughts now elsewhere. I knew Jinx was leaving out information on the rogue moonshire pack now. We were definetely at war with them, and now we had them willowgrass pack with us. Four came from there pack, and if any of the wolves that had to flee and became lost made it here our pack would become larger. The Moonshire pack became the rogue moonshire, and our pack, the Ice Lake had become the Willow Ice Lake Pack. 

Ever since Berry took me in things changed. I'd become Jinx's mate, Brownie had left the pack and turned the Moonshire pack against us, brought rogues here, taken over the Moonshire pack, and now we were at war. So much had happened, so much. Outside the snow stopped falling and I left the den and walked towards the Ice River. It was very icy, but I noticed the ice was becoming thinner. I frowned, this was odd. The ice was becoming thinner, but the days were becoming colder.  The ice should be becoming thicker with the dropping tempatures, but- this was very odd. I jumped up on my back legs and hit the icy with my front paws.

The ice shattered easily and I lapped up some water. I carefully took a chunk of ice in my jaws and carried it back to the den for the others. It was easier to find water from the ice than to leave the den for water. Not to mention it ensured the pups better saftey if we stayed closer. I sniffed the snow, there was a foul scent staining it. I dropped the ice to much displeasure and chased after a coyote scavenging a fallen bird carcass. It ran away from me, and I found it hard to keep up. I snapped my jaws close to its tail and finally my jaws bit down onto its tail. I dragged it backwards. In an attempt to run it turned and snapped its jaws dangerously close to my neck. I recoiled and lunged for its neck. It was dead in a few minutes. 

Though I wanted to run back to the saftey and the warmth of the den I wandered around the den, scent markign the territory to warn preditors to stay away. Though coyotes and a fox or two was no threat to me they were threats to the pups. Scent marking also warned rogue wolves and worse of all bears to stay away. I returned to the river, took a new chunk of ice back and layed down to rest. My body was tired as was my mind, and my paws were sore. I closed my eyes and felt a small nose near my muzzle. One of my pups begging for food. I fed the whinning pups and layed down again. To make things more uncomfortable they began playing with my tail. To my great appriciation Nakita began to play with the pups allowing me to rest finaly.