Coming Storm

Saphire:

The wind howled outside the warm den. My ears twitched, listening to the sounds. No snow had fallen yet, but even darker clouds were rolling closwer. A storm was coming. The moon wasn't visible, nor were the stars hidden by light gray clouds. I sighed softly. In dark times one had to be alert as I was for my pups saftey. 'I wonder... will they survive these times long enough for me to even think about naming them?' I wondered. I put me head down, still alert for danger as I dreamed. Misty fog seemed to enter my mind. It was warm, and their was a strange presence within it. I felt afraid.

"Do not be afraid" spoke a wolf in my dream. A white fured wolf with a pure, bluish-white aurora surrounding her. 

"I, Luna, bring you a message" spoke Luna, the luna-wolf of the Ice Lunars, our ancestors pack. 

Rebel:

All was quiet. Not a wolf twitched in their sleep, or a pup cried. For the momment... No blood was shed, and no howls of mourning reached the dark skies. 

"Lets go" I murmered. I dashed through the territory beside my mate, Sweet Fur. Razor was beside Jasmine as well. We were running to the Willow Grass Pack for saftey. The Ice Lake Pack hated our guts. Silently we raced out of the center of the territory were the wolves slept. I grinned, we were- suddenly a howl rose up in the air.

"Browni" Razzor growled bitterly, his eyes were full of fear. Before we knew it were being chased by Brownie,  Flame, Viper, and Vixen.

"We still have a chance. The last step of their plan hasn't been completed" I yipped. The last step, the blood of one they carred about. They'd murdered pups, and inocent pack-wovles, and next was to murder a wolf they were related to or cared about. I had over heard Brownie amd Viper talking about it earlier. 

"Rebel! Razzor!" I heard Flame snarl our names. I willed for my paws to move faster, but could not. Soon they would catch up, and kill us all. Surely I would die for my mate and pups, but if I could live to ensure their saftey I would do what I could. 

"Ice Lunars, help us" Jasmine whimpered as she ran. Their were only three pups, one was Sweet Fur's, so if something happened I was the one who was going to fight. 'Ice Lunars, please' I thought, praying to our ancestors. My legs were growing weary when all of the sudden I felt myself be dragged down.

"Rebel!" Sweet Fur called to me, her voice slightley muffled. 

"Go!" I snarled at her, demanding her to run to saftey. I whirled around and snapped at Flames muzzle. He yelped, and released me. Before he could strike again a gust of wind blew causing snow to swirl all around. It made my nose sting, and all other scents become blocked. I couldn't see or smell. The howling wind made it imposible to hear also. I could feel the burning pain in my leg though. For the momment I was hidden, but I couldn't see Flame or anyone else. I forced myself to move, unsure which direction I was going. I just had to move something told me.

"Go this way" a voice whispered. I felt a sudden warmth nearby. I knew that voice, that authoritive yet sweet voice.

"Chocolate" I breathed the name of our late alpha-female.

"Go" she snapped at me. I began walking, forgetting about my paws that ached, and my wounded leg that burned and stung. I followed her direction, unsure where we were going, but trusted her completely. The snow flying all around us slowly settled and a scent reached my nose. Instinctively my nose crinkled at the scent.

"But this is-" I began to complain. 

"We were wrong to hate, to judge them. They will help you so stop complaining" she snapped. I nodded my head.