3

Over the next few days, Kaneki made sure to observe Touka with his own eyes. The first thing he noticed was that she's a hard worker. On top of completing the 4 stacks of papers he gave her yesterday perfectly, she does more than what she's assigned and always asks if she can help with anything else.

She's punctual for work, comes back from lunch break on time and is usually the last one to leave the office due to her wanting to complete the next day's work before the actual day comes. She gives her best in everything and gets along well with her co-workers. To make things better, she has great style and is pretty—he meant presentable—enough to be his personal assistant.

He often asks his employees about Touka and they always tell him that she's a very helpful, outstanding and hardworking person. It's also very rare to find someone who is this good at her work. The verbal evidence plus his own observations of her helped him in his decision.

"Kirishima-san, the boss wants you in his office. Did you do something wrong? He looks..mad." A female co-worker named Hinami asked.

Touka cocked her head to her side as she tried to recall the events for the whole day. "I don't think I did anything wrong though... maybe he didn't like the coffee I made for him? Anyway, thanks for informing me, Hinami. I'll go to his office now."

After she entered the room, he intertwined his fingers together on his desk and looked up at her. "Do you know why you're here?"

"No, sir. Was my work unsatisfactory? Or is it about whether I'm hired or not?"

"It's the second one. Miss Kirishima Touka, I have observed you and your work for the past few days and I am glad to say that you are suitable for the position of my Personal Assistant. You may continue coming to work starting from Monday and I will inform the HR Department to give you the contract next week. You may go."

Her insides brimmed with happiness and she can't help but let a small smile form on her lips. "Thank you!"