19

Kaneki quickly sat down in front of Rize at their usual table and glared at her. He kept his voice low and leaned towards her. "How did you find out about us?"

Rize took out some photos from his bag and threw them onto the table. "How's this?"

His eyes widened at the pictures that were taken of them from their home, and their kisses and hugs. He was furious. "You got someone to investigate me?! This is an invasion of privacy, Rize! We made it very clear not to interfere in each other's lives when we decided to live separately!"

"Don't be so angry. I knew something was up the moment I saw that girl being upset when I kissed you in your office. I merely hired someone to check up on you because I was worried and I wasn't surprised." Rize grinned.

"What do you want?"

"Oh, nothing. If you don't want these photos to go public, just follow whatever I tell you to do. If I want you to come, you come to me. If I want to buy something, you get it for me. Nothing much."

Kaneki gritted his teeth. He knew Rize would definitely keep to her words and make those photos known to the entire world if he didn't adhere to her conditions. At this point, he didn't care about his reputation. He just didn't want to ruin Touka's life and make her known as the 'mistress' forever. "Fine."

She smirked. "Hm, for now, let's have some dinner. I'm hungry."

Kaneki doesn't return for dinner that night, and Touka waited until 10 pm for him to come home. She heard the door unlock and quickly went out to the living room to see him walking in. "You're back."

He saw the same sadness she had that time he saw him and Rize together when their eyes met. Every bit of anger and resentment he had towards his wife dissipated the moment he enveloped her in his arms. "I'm home."

She hesitantly returned the hug, hands clinging onto his back. "Mm. Welcome home. Do you want to eat something? Or do you need the bath?"

He can tell that she's trying to avoid asking him what happened with Rize and he doesn't want that to destroy how close they've become over the past few days. He cupped her cheeks and captured her lips. "Nothing happened between me and Rize tonight. Are you upset?"

Touka turned her head and averted his gaze. "No."

"Look at me in the eye and say it, Touka."

She pushed away from him and turned her back to him. Remaining stubborn, she pouted and folded her arms. "I am not."

The male wrapped his arms around her from behind and whispered, "I think you are."

She tore herself away from his hug and spun around to face him. His eyes widened when he saw tears drop down her cheeks and she shouted, "You're persistent! I told you that I am not upset!"

He brought his fingers to wipe away the endless tears that fell from her beautiful eyes and frowned. "Then why are you crying?"

Touka herself was surprised that she's actually crying. She always thought that it was no big deal because Rize was his main wife and she was just...a contract wife. All of his priorities should go to Rize, not her. But seeing him actually do that made her heart break into a thousand pieces. She was jealous, she was upset, she didn't want him to go. She was in love with him and it wasn't supposed to be this way.

She accepted this contract because she was able to give him the things he needed and there were also benefits in it for her. They would eventually separate and both parties had nothing to lose. But now, she found herself never wanting to leave him or this contract even if he didn't want to be with her anymore.

"Something just got into my eyes, dammit!" She hissed, still not being fully honest to him.

Kaneki grabbed her wrist and pushed her against the wall. He leaned in and pressed his lips to hers. She jammed her fists onto his chest continuously but he doesn't withdraw, and her heart continued to race. The moment he released her, she shoved him aside and stared down to the floor. "Stop, please stop before I—I fall deeper in love with you!"

"Is that a bad thing?" He asked and she raised her head to meet his gaze.

"Of course it is! You're married to someone else and this is only a contract—"

This time, the lips she felt on hers was more gentle than before and she had to hold her breath when his arms encircled her waist. He withdrew and leaned his forehead against hers. His breath is hot on her burning face. "What if I told you that I was falling for you too?"

"..that wouldn't happen."

Screw waiting for her to fall in love with him. He will do it himself.

"Then I'll prove it."