22

Ever since they got together formally as a couple, Touka has been seeing different sides of Ken. At work, he's like a work monster. He expects everything to be done punctually and with perfection. He scolds when something is done wrong or not according to his way and has a habit of kicking his chair when he's frustrated.

But when he's at home with her, he turns into a complete softie. He clings to her whenever he has a chance to, showers her with kisses and hugs and treats her as if she's the most beautiful and delicate thing in the entire world. He smiles more often when he's with her and her heart also skips a beat when he does that because he's one thousand times more handsome when he smiles. He craves a lot of physical contact with her and likes to ask for good morning kisses, hugs or even to make love.

The more time Kaneki spent with Touka, the more he realizes that she's a great woman. She's good at her work, house chores, cooking and entertaining him, of course. He loves when she pays her full attention when he talks to her, loves how she's sometimes playful and sometimes cruel, loves how she always does things with his best interests at heart, and most of all, he loves her kisses because they convey to him how much she loves him. With her, he feels treasured, wanted and not alone.

For the first time in forever, he's having fun and is slowly learning to trust again.

Kaneki checked his credit card bills at the end of the month and frowned. "Touka, why aren't you using the credit card I gave you? The contract stated that you can use it to buy whatever you like."

Touka shrugged as she wrapped her arms around him from behind. "I don't have anything I really need right now. I'll buy when my items spoil."

"You can buy shoes, bags, clothes and anything you want really. I don't want to make it feel like you're giving me everything and I'm not giving you anything in return." He continued to frown and she kissed his cheek.

"What are you talking about? You are giving me everything I need. A place to come back to and your love. I don't think I'll ever need anything else."

His cheeks warmed as he turned around and hugged her tightly. He still wasn't convinced fully but he would wait until she wanted something and buy it for her.

A few nights later, just as he pretended to fall asleep, Kaneki saw her looking at a particular necklace on her phone at night. She stared at it for the longest time before sighing and turned her phone off so she could sleep. He decided he'd get it for her, no matter the price.

A few days later..

"Ken! Have you seen my comb? I put it here this morning!" Touka called.

"Do you mean this?" Kaneki asked, a shining silver necklace in his hands.

"I said comb, not a—" She stopped, eyes narrowing at the familiar necklace

"I said comb, not a—" She stopped, eyes narrowing at the familiar necklace. "Isn't this the necklace I saw last week online? How did you know I wanted it?!"

"I saw you looking at it that night. Do you like it?"

"Of course I do! But I can't accept it, it's too expensive!"

He shook his head and moved behind her to help her put it on. "Nothing is too expensive for you," he said and brought her to stand in front of a mirror. "You look beautiful."

Touka's eyes glistened when she looked at the diamond necklace that laid on her neck. She touched it and held it tightly in her hand. "Thank you. I love it."

"How about thanking me with a kiss? I would appreciate that more than words."

She heaved a defeated sigh and turned back to wrap her arms around his neck and stand on her toes to kiss him. His arms encircled her waist, fingers going under her shirt to rest on the soft skin of her waist. They separated and she thrust her fingers into his jet black hair. "Oh, I know that look you're giving me, Ken. Don't think I don't know what you want. You're asking me to go to bed with you, aren't you?"

Kaneki grinned. "Without any clothes, I hope."

A smile graced her lips as she sighed and pulled back to let him undress her. Honestly, she doesn't mind making love with him a few times a week, because she loves how he makes her feel wanted in his embraces and kisses. From the gentle caresses he gives her, she can tell how deep his feelings are for her.