12

It was night by the time they finished moving in all of their items and Kaneki decided it was time to start cooking for dinner. After exiting from the bathroom from a cold shower, Touka walked towards the kitchen where he was cooking some kind of delicious smelling food. She clung on his arm and rested her head there. "Do you need help?"

Her sudden action increased his heart rate for a bit and he willed himself to calm down. What are you doing, getting all nervous? "No, it's alright. You can go sit down."

She frowned. "It's boring waiting for the food to come. Hm, I'll do something else to help you then."

Scooting over to his left, she took the plates and utensils they're going to use and turned on the tap. He's still cooking after she's done washing them and with nothing she can think of helping with, she stared at him. Her gaze distracted him from his cooking and he glanced at her. "What?"

"I've been thinking this ever since you stayed over at my house but you're really handsome. Just sayin'."

Kaneki choked, cheeks turning red at her answer. He squeezed the ladle in his hand, careful not to drop it. Touka found herself giggling at his cute reaction and laughed, even more when he told her to shut up. "Why? It's a compliment!"

"It's making me embarrassed so keep quiet!"

"Would you rather I said you're ugly?"

"..no."

When she lets out another laugh, he turned off the stove and grabbed her face with one hand. "Shush."

She grinned, teasing him. "Make me."

His eyes darkened and his hands smoothed down the curves of her body to rest at her waist. He pulled her close and rested his forehead against hers. "You said it," he whispered as his lips claimed hers. He felt her body tense before relaxing and her arms go around his neck as they exchanged kisses after kisses. Touka's the first one to separate, turning her head away from him to hide the burning blush on her cheeks. "We should eat. The food is gonna get cold."

"Mm."

The female couldn't help but feel disappointed when his body left hers, and she watched as he placed the fried rice on the plates and brought them out to the dining table. Shaking her head to get rid of her thoughts, she followed him and settled down onto the chair across from him. They started to dig in, with her occasionally glancing at him. Doesn't he feel anything from our kisses? She wondered as she stared at his facial expression that looked exactly the same as the one she usually saw in the office. His usual poker face. 

"What?"

He caught me staring! "N-nothing."

"Spit it out. There's nothing to hide between a married couple."

"Ah uh—our kisses—I mean, does kissing and other stuff include in the contract?" She cursed internally. Even if she couldn't ask him how he felt about their kisses, why did she have to ask him about 'kissing and other stuff'?! 

"They can be, if we feel like it. I won't force you to do anything you don't want to."

She gave a nod as an answer and quickly looked out the window. I want to bury myself in a hole now.