30

The next day, Touka went to the hospital and got back a set of surprising results. She was a month's pregnant. She should have known when she didn't get her period for a month but she didn't want to overthink it. But they have always been so careful, always using protection whenever they did it so she wondered about a time where they didn't.

Her eyes widened when she realized it was on the day of their date. After he brought her up to the rooftop, they drank a little and ended up doing it at a hotel. They were intoxicated and he didn't bring protection. That was the only time that she could think of.

When she first got the results at the hospital, she didn't know what to feel. Now that she was back home and the truth has finally sunk in, her heart warmed as she placed her hand over her stomach. She was pregnant. With Ken's child. Happiness filled her and she smiled.

She couldn't help but feel excited to see his reaction. Would it be a shocked one or a happy one? Either way, it wouldn't be good to tell him about this now since they haven't married yet, so she decided to keep it secret until they were.

A certain envelope reached the doors of Mr. Kaneki Yuichirou, to which he was not pleasantly surprised by the contents.

The moment Kaneki got home, he quickly found his wife in the bedroom who was reading a book. He settled down on the bed and caressed her cheek. "Hey, so did you go to the hospital? How was it?"

"Mm. I did. It was nothing much. I'm just tired and not eating well. The doctor told me to eat more healthy food."

He sighed in relief and pressed a kiss to her forehead. "That's good to hear. I'll do the cooking for the next few days, at least until you're feeling much better. I'm not taking 'no' for an answer."

Touka grinned and pulled him down for a kiss. If this is how caring he's gonna be before he knows that she's with child, she wondered how much more caring he would be when he finds out about the pregnancy. "Okay, Mr. Protective."

At night, Touka received a message from an unknown number. It said:

This is Kaneki Yuichirou. Come to this address at 8 pm tomorrow night. We need to talk.