38

The two then had their dinner in silence, with Kaneki stealing a glance at her once every few seconds—to which Touka noticed but decided not to say anything until she was done eating. After placing the utensils into the sink and washing them, they settled back down at the small square table on the floor and he continued staring.

"What is it, Ken? Is there something on my face?"

He flinched and gave a sheepish smile. "You caught me. I was just waiting to ask if I could kiss you."

The ends of her lips curved up to a smile and she shifted closer to him—shoulder to shoulder—on the tatami mat. "What would you do if I said no?"

His smile turned upside down. "I'd...respect that."

She giggled and slung an arm across his chest to rest on his shoulder. "I was just kidding, silly. Of course, you can kiss me."

He smiled at her playfulness and turned slightly to face her. As permitted, he leaned in to kiss her, a hand on her waist and the other on her cheek. They exchanged many brief kisses, each lasting longer than the last and he pulled back to press kisses down the sides of her slim neck. She let out a moan and leaned against him.

One of his hand moved underneath the hem of her shirt, touching her bare and soft skin with his fingers. Touka grabbed his hand to prevent him from going any further up and he separated to look at her with a puzzled expression. "What's wrong? You don't want to do it?"

She averted his gaze. "No. I don't feel confident about my body. Many things have changed since I gave birth and I don't want you to dislike my new features..."

Kissing the tip of her pointed nose, he cupped her cheeks and gazed into her uncertain blue eyes. "You gave birth to our precious daughter. I would never hate you or your body for it."

"But...I've grown fatter and now I have stretch marks on my stomach—"

"Nothing will change my feelings for you, Touka."

She remained silent and then stood up to make her way over to the crib. "It's time to feed Ichika."

"Touka..." Kaneki called, voice pleading. "You know I'd never lie to you."

"I know, I just..don't feel good about my body right now. Maybe another time, after I've lost some weight... and turn around, don't you dare look at me while I feed Ichika."

The male turned away with a frown and heard her remove her shirt. His heart started to race as thoughts of her being half naked in the same house, same room and only a few meters apart came to his mind. He heard Ichika make a giggle before she quiets down. The room was filled with silence once again and he decided that one peek wouldn't hurt. He turned around to see Touka with her back to him, holding their daughter in her arms, close to her chest. His eyes dilated at the sight of the creamy white skin from her shoulders, down to the curve of her spine, then to her waist and he swallowed.

"You still look beautiful."

Touka's cheeks flushed and she quickly put Ichika back into the crib before scrambling to cover her body with her shirt. "You idiot—I told you not to look!"

He stopped her and slowly put her hand down. "I want to see."

"I don't want you to."

He pressed a kiss to her naked shoulder as his arms wrapped around her from behind. "You're beautiful, just like 2 years ago."

Though she was embarrassed by his compliments, she couldn't help but feel happy that he didn't see her differently at all now that she has given birth and her body have undergone many changes. She turned around, still clutching the shirt to her chest with one arm and cupped his cheek with the other hand. "Do you mean that?"

"Yes, and I'll prove it."

Lemon/smut will be written separately and published on AO3 (archive of our own) (most likely) since wattpad doesn't allow lemons anymore :(

My AO3 account name is DreamerFae. Look it up.

Next chapter will skip to after they've done the deed :>