CHAPTER SEVEN

Veronica took a deep breath in as she knocked on the door of Robert's temporary living space (basically a mansion). Lizzie and Scarlett stood on opposite sides of her, giving her the occasional shoulder squeeze to keep her calm.

"Welcome!" Robert shouted, giving each of the girls welcoming hugs. As he motioned a hand towards the inside, they stepped in, taking in the gorgeous decor everywhere. A large crystal chandelier hung from the ceiling, and large paintings adorned the walls.

"Everyone's out in the back," Robert pointed out, walking towards the kitchen. "Feel free to grab a drink and join us."

The trio headed to the kitchen and Scarlett poured them all a glass of red wine. Veronica shut her eyes for a moment, catching her breath, trying her best to remain calm and collected.

They stepped outside, instantly greeted by the loud and rambunctious cast. Hugs and introductions were given all around, helping Veronica relax into her surroundings.

"How's my favorite Pepperoni?" Anthony hollered loudly from behind her. Veronica rolled her eyes at the nickname he had given her in the Civil War group chat a few weeks prior. She turned to face him, the annoyed expression still on her face, but a smile replacing her frown.

"Not bad Mackie. Not bad," Veronica declared, pulling Anthony into a tight hug.

"Sebastian's not here yet," Anthony added. Veronica could feel him smirking. She pulled away from him, slightly shoving him. He dramatically stepped to the side, gasping obnoxiously.

"Wasn't going to ask, Mackie," Veronica retorted. Just then, the back door slide open, revealing a certain someone Veronica was hoping wouldn't come.

Veronica couldn't help but admit that Sebastian looked good, maybe even better than when they last saw each other. He wore a black short sleeve button down shirt, with black jeans. His long hair, which he had grown out for the film, laid neatly on his shoulders.

He was greeted with cheers as she was, as he stepped down towards everyone else. As he left the doorway, Veronica saw another figure standing behind him. As she came into the light, Veronica saw Sebastian's ex-girlfriend Rosemary Hayden.

As a model, Rosemary had wicked good looks. Her blonde hair was tied into two neat French Braids, and she wore a long sleeve white mini dress. She closely followed Sebastian, giving hugs and handshakes to everyone. When she reached Veronica, she grabbed her and pulled her into a squeezing hug.

"You must be Veronica!" Rosemary squealed. Veronica forced a smile, despite the uncomfortableness she felt. "It's so nice to finally meet you!"

"You too," Veronica muttered, as Rosemary pulled away from the hug. She looked around for a minute, observing everyone and their conversations. She turned back around to face Veronica, her smile gone, replaced with a cold-hearted glare.

"I'm going to say this one time, and one time only. Stay away from Sebastian," Rosemary warned. Veronica took a step back, a confused look cascading over her face.

"Excuse me?" Veronica questioned, visibly unable to comprehend what was going on.

"I know all about your little runaway eight years ago," Rosemary seethed through gritted teeth. "You don't deserve him. You can't treat him right like I can."

"Let me stop you right there psycho," Veronica objected. "I don't know if your always this out of touch with reality, but you two aren't together anymore. Even though absolutely nothing is going on between us, it's fair game sweetie."

Rosemary's face grew red, and Veronica could almost see her blood boiling in her body. Veronica gave her a satisfied smirk as she saw Sebastian walking towards them.

Veronica felt her body forget how to breathe for a second, it was as if time itself stood still. She felt her feet sink into the ground, keeping her planted in that one spot.

"Rose, would you mind getting me a drink?" Sebastian asked as he made his way to Rosemary's side. She nodded and scurried off, shooting Veronica another dirty look before she was out of sight.

"Una mujer loca," Veronica muttered under her breath. Crazy woman.

"Tell me about it," Sebastian chuckled. The pair stood next to each other, but their focus remained forward, rather than on each other.

Veronica looked up at Sebastian, confused once again. He looked at her, and they made eye contact. Awkward eye contact, but still eye contact.

"What? You think I don't know how two-faced she is? How obsessive she is?" Sebastian questioned, moving his gaze forward. "I have reasons for wanting to break up with her."

The pair stood awkwardly in silence as they waited for someone to take them away. Rosemary returned with a glass of white wine, and handed it to Sebastian. She instantly wrapped her arm through his, and Veronica used this as a cue to leave.

"I'll talk to you later I guess," Veronica said sheepishly, giving Sebastian a slight wave before finding Lizzie and Scarlett.

"Yeah..." Sebastian's voice trailed off as he watched her disappear into the crowd.

Everyone thank you so much for over 100 reads! I am so thankful for each and every one of you!