CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Incoming call from Sebastian
Accept or Decline

"Hello?" Veronica warily asked. She hadn't talked to Sebastian over the phone since before the wedding. Hell, she had barely spoken to him since that day. Lizzie, who had become a close friend to Veronica, happened to be spending the day with Veronica. She shot her head up once she heard Veronica answer the call.

"Who is it?" Lizzie mouthed. Veronica swatted her hand and turned away from Elizabeth, trying her best to remain relaxed and calm.

"Hey Veronica, I uh, I know this is kind of a strange idea but uh," Sebastian paused before continuing. Veronica heard him take a deep breath before he began. "Would you like to go out today?"

Veronica took a minute to reply, as her mind began filling with confusion and nerves. "I really don't know if that's the best idea," Veronica babbled quickly. Dear God.

"I mean it doesn't have to be like a date," Sebastian retracted. "Whatever you want to do is fine with me."

Veronica sat silently on her side of the phone. She couldn't fathom what was happening, why he wanted to see the girl that left him.

"I-I guess we can," Veronica muttered. "Yeah, we can."

"Okay!" Sebastian excitedly said. "I'll pick you up in an hour."

"Okay," Veronica whispered. She slowly hung up and put her phone down. Lizzie scooted closer to Veronica.

"What was that all about ma'am?" Lizzie asked, a ping of sarcasm flowing through her voice. Veronica looked down at her hands, where her phone lay, not replying. "Ron? You okay?"

Veronica snapped back up into reality, nodding her head. "I'm fine. Great actually," Veronica said, more to herself than to Lizzie. "Sebastian just invited me out somewhere with him." Lizzie's mouth dropped as she slowly began clapping her hands. Her clapping increased speed as her gaping mouth formed into a toothy grin.

"Roni this is fantastic!" Lizzie exclaimed. Veronica gave Lizzie a weak smile in response, her body stiff. "Why don't you seem excited? I thought you wanted to talk to him again. Start something again."

"When did he break up with Rosemary?" Veronica echoed, trying to change the subject topic, her voice barely even a whisper.

"I think he called it quits a few days after the Age Of Ultron premiere party," Lizzie explained. "They were together at the party, I know they split not long after that." Veronica nodded. She knew they had gotten together a few months prior to the Captain America: The Winter Soldier premiere, so they had only been together for a little over a year. "Well woop-dee-doo, let's get you ready!"

Lizzie leaped off of the couch, grabbing Veronica's arm, and pulling her to the bedroom. "What should we do?" Lizzie asked, her voice resembling that of a child's teacher. "Did he tell you where you two were going?"

"No," Veronica shook her head. She walked over to her closet and began skimming through the contents inside of it.

She pulled out a short, white dress covered in turquoise flowers and green leaves. She took it off of the hangar, and turned to show it to Lizzie.