CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

Veronica giggled at the comments pouring into her Instagram post. She placed her phone face-down on the table as she stuffed her mouth with a large bite of syrupy waffles.

"Hey, do you know how I can block someone from texting me?" Sebastian sheepishly asked out of nowhere, looking at his phone. Veronica choked on her waffles as she began snickering uncontrollably.

"Who needs blocking old man?" Veronica teased. He passed his phone to Veronica, allowing her to see the twenty-seven notifications he had received. All of them from a certain Rosemary Hayden. "Jesus Christ, this girl's needy."

Veronica blocked Rosemary for Sebastian, returning the phone once she was done. "Seb?" Veronica asked meekly.

"Hmm?" Sebastian replied, looking up at her.

"What happened with you and Rosemary?" Veronica wasn't sure if this was a line that shouldn't be crossed or not, so she began shoving small bits of her waffles into her mouth.

"What happened?" Sebastian let out a chuckle. "A hell of a lot." Veronica leaned the upper half of her body forward, pushing it against the table.

"I've got time," Veronica added. Sebastian looked down at his phone and rolled his eyes.

"Actually, we don't. We have to get going." Veronica turned her phone over, looking at the time. 6:30 a.m. She mouthed an exaggerated "oh," putting her phone down again.

"Luckily, we've got a nice car ride ahead of us. We can talk then," Veronica said as she stood up, grabbing hers and Sebastian's empty plates. She tossed them into the dishwasher, grabbed a purse, and joined Sebastian outside as they went to the car. Veronica hopped into the car. "Alright, pal. Spill."

Sebastian gave her an annoyed glance, then turned his gaze to the road in front of him. "We broke up because she was cheating on me. Simple as that. Happy?" Veronica rolled her eyes. She turned to him, furrowing her eyebrows, making a sarcastic pouty face.

"No I'm not happy, I want to know what happened. I don't need the whole story. It's none of my business. I do, however, want to see your side of the story." Veronica subconsciously moved her hand to the middle compartment of the car, right where Sebastian's hand happened to be rested. She nearly jerked her hand back, but instead, she let it rest against his.

"My side of the story?" Sebastian chuckled, drumming his fingers against the steering wheel. "Well..." he trailed off. "As cliché and stupid as it sounds, I found her sleeping with another guy. I think I was dropping something off at her apartment. I left the place a single man."

Veronica made a hushed "hmm" sound in response. "Did you expect it?"

"Yeah I did," Sebastian began. "She was so controlling, so paranoid that I wasn't loyal. I'm pretty sure she would act crazy to hide the fact that she was with someone else behind my back."

"Wow," Veronica mumbled, completely shocked at what she had heard. She couldn't understand how someone could be so manipulative, yet so fake. She felt her face grow warm and red with anger. Anger at the woman that took advantage of him.

As the car pulled into the set's parking lot, Sebastian looked at Veronica. He noticed her burning cheeks, the way her jaw was clenched. He slipped his hand out from underneath hers, and placed it onto her shoulder.

"It's okay," he admitted. "It's over now. I'm over it." Veronica stayed still on her stiff position. "Roni, look at me." Veronica reluctantly shifted in her seat, turning her body to Sebastian.

"What happened, well, happened. There's nothing I can do about it. But I've moved on. Everything is just fine now." Veronica gave Sebastian a tiny nod, the outer corners of her lips curling up to form a small smile.

"We should get going," Veronica mentioned as she opened the door, stepping outside.

"Oh, right. Yeah," Sebastian quickly added, opening his own door. He fast walked to Veronica, and the pair went to set together, ignoring the teasing stares and whispers coming from their fellow cast mates.

"Veronica, we need you in the makeup tent," Anthony Russo yelled as they passed him. She nodded in response.

"Duty calls," Veronica stated as she began heading away from the trailers and towards the makeup tent. Sebastian smiled as he watched her saunter to the tent.

He hadn't felt this feeling in what felt like forever. He had been waiting for over eight years to see her again, and here she was. This was everything he had wanted.

Hiya! I wanted to take the time to thank everyone that has been giving time to read this story. It is still blowing my mind that we have reached over one thousand reads on this story! ONE THOUSAND!! I am so grateful and excited I see where this story goes!