CHAPTER TEN

Veronica Santiago Announces Role in Newest Marvel Film

For many fans of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, an appearance by beloved comic character Cecilia Rivera was inevitable

For many fans of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, an appearance by beloved comic character Cecilia Rivera was inevitable. And today, it seems many will have their dreams come true in the latest Marvel project, Captain America: Civil War.

Veronica Santiago took to Instagram to slyly announce her character, by replying to a fan's comment on her most recent post. When asked what character she was taking on, she simply replied, "Cecilia Rivera."

For those of you that don't know who Cecilia Rivera is, we're here to fill you in. Cecilia Rivera is an ex-S.H.I.E.L.D agent that is able to harness electric energy in her body.

Her powers were created when she was sixteen. She was struck by a lightning bolt, and fell unconscious. She was found by S.H.I.E.L.D agents, and she was taken to a lab and evaluated. When they discovered she had electricity running through her veins, they decided she would be a useful asset to the organization.

Cecilia was trained in martial arts, and learned how to control her new powers. She was able to create electricity with the flick of her wrist, becoming able to electrocute and catch objects on fire.

Her signature power, however, was her ability to generate an electric dome around herself or others. She is able to make an electric-fence type of field around people, in ways that can protect people, or keep them from escaping her grasp.

After working with S.H.I.E.L.D for nearly ten years, she decided to retire from the super world, and has kept her cover since.

We have little information on the Cecilia that will appear in Civil War, and little information about the film in general, but filming has begun, so prepare for set pictures.

Let us know your thoughts on Cecilia's film debut!

Does this suck? Abso-flippin-lutely!