Chapter 5: "Thank you, Master."

Sayter drove me and Briar back separately, I didn't care to remember who was first or if it mattered. I was owned. Never specifically purchased but what could I do against the most powerful man in the continent? The most sadistic, worse than me. What would he do with me when he got bored?

All that money. I owed him all that money.
He did give me a price, it was outrageous, impossible. It was almost a mercy, go figure, that I killed the men myself instead of Sayter, because all that.. what in hell were they thinking?

I felt Sayter studying me, but I didn't look up. I know avoiding him was useless now that I would be living with him but I'm doing my damn best. Or maybe not living as close to him as I make it out, he seemed cruel enough to throw me in a cell, how long would it take until he forgets humans have basic needs like food and water?

"Victoria."

I sure as hell looked up now. Sayter grinned, there was nothing human in it.
"So, that is your name."

"How did you even know?"

"I know everything." Asshole. Asshole. I could only glare at him in this tight spaced ride.
"It's a beautiful name, Victoria." He purred, rolled it off his tongue like it was a place, or a thing. Like the name itself was his possession. I hated that about him, like everything belonged to him, or could if he dared.

"Should I get used to you saying it? Or do I get a collar engraved bunny or pet or bitch."

The seat pushed against my back, I'd been sinking into the leather for a bit, and I was trying my best to disappear into it. Sayter chuckled, "If thats what you want, Victoria."

His voice was still, but the name still intended to be his when he talked, and I was aroused. I repeated his voice in my head, and fell into it for the rest of the ride going nowhere.

Ф

The manor was a dark, brooding place. For him it must be normal, so much he didn't notice me staring down everything. The parts of the walls he didn't paint in black or red were dark oak wood, but, there were windows at least. For light, to make up for the lack of it. On the woe, they were higher up than I would of liked, the wood, I had noticed, was too polished for me to climb to reach up to them. What a terrible place. A too honest representation of himself.

Sayter rested his hands together in front of his lips, he stared across the table at me.
"You're starving but too stubborn to eat."

I pushed my bowl closer to him, it barely closed the distance. The table was long, though there was no need for it to be. I assume he eats alone, does everything alone. Or maybe, he had been waiting for someone. "I don't eat in front of men. It makes me uncomfortable." I wiped a hand over my neck.

A low laugh, his hands withdrew from his face when he swayed his head over. I understood, how could he take some shit excuse like that?
"You seemed comfortable when I knocked our prisoners head in with a dagger while he begged. If you want me to leave you alone darling, think of something better than that you're uncomfortable to eat."

I ignored the last bit. "Our prisoner?"

"Well, you belong to me as much as I do to you. You don't have control over me, of course, but I will be bound to you."

Bound. Bound.

I was glad I hadn't eaten.
"He didn't seem like our prisoner when you took him away from me and did whatever it is the things you do to people."

A smirk that was wicked and seductive closed the distance between the long table, and I felt cursed for the length between us. I'd love to crawled across it, pull that grin into my lips and explore him. "Do you want to see him?"