Chapter 33: "I love you, Victoria."

"You are the most beautiful women I have ever seen." Sayter took my hand and kissed the knuckles.

"It's bad luck to see the bride in her dress before the wedding," I teased, resting my arms on his shoulders and playing with his dark hair. My husband, my beautiful, sadist husband. I held the back of his neck and kissed him deeply. He held his temple against mine, "Being away from you can't be any unluckier."

I laughed, "You're ridiculous,"
He chuckled, and kissed me again.
"I hate ceremonies, finish dressing yourself up. The sooner you do, the sooner I can strip you out of that dress."

"Oh?" I purred, "What do you plan to do with me after that, husband?"

He hummed, "Many, many sinful things, my love. What with our new little play room I don't think we'll be able to stop."

I kissed him again.

Sayter begrudgingly left me to finish. I turned back to the three helping maids waiting behind, they just stared and watched Sayter go back down the hall.
"Come now, someone help me into this gods awful corset."

"The Crime Lord has never put a Play Room on the list of things for me to clean. Is that at another one of his estates?" One of the maids asked innocently.

I coughed to cover a chuckled, "Don't be a smart ass," To my surprise she chuckled as well. Two of the worst people on the continent coming together for an eternal marriage, and my staff had the heart to have a sense of humor about it.

I smiled with that.

Ф

Me and Sayter didn't have an audience to get married. We dressed up, drove the carriage up to Northern Blaylock's forest, and sat on the edge overlooking our continent. We took with us people that meant something to us, some we brought along as a crude joke, some just because. It was like the nature of such a beautiful, bloody relationship, just because.

There was no walking down the aisle in a white dress to my fiancée and a priest. No, there would he nothing secret, nothing to reveal here. Everything with my husband was utterly bare. I stood on the ledge then, and he as well. So easily could someone push us both off the cliff for all of Blaylock to watch.
We would of damn well deserved it too.
But nobody made a move. Some stood to watch, some sat, a row of children chuckled at their Mothers side.

I had forgotten I brought Briar's wife and children along.

Sayter took my hand, "Do I have to ask?"

"Yes," I smirked, watching him suffer the embarrassment of this vulnerability.

The two black moons in his eyes rolled back. Still, I took him in. My Crime Lord. My handsome, dominant, loyal Crime Lord. I was supposed to kill him five months ago. Five months ago I was dragged by my hair to be tortured in the pub. Four months ago I sold my soul to have him obey me. Three months ago he broke my legs. Two months ago he asked me to marry him. One month ago he came to take me home from my kidnappers, but had Mercy show me every personal thought he had of me instead. Now today, the man I was supposed to kill I would spend the rest of my life with.

God damn him if I wasn't still going to be the one to kill him. That would not change.

I would love him nonetheless. Sayter then began, "Victoria, we do not deserve to be happy, or even alive. A year ago we were living completely different lives, but in the same way. We killed, we tortured, and that is how we coped. We weren't weak, just sadistic, and lost. When I met you, you were the most obscene women I've ever met,"
He tilted my chin from where I was looking down on the city. His eyes were on mine now,
"I love you every damn day for it. I love every inch of you, top to bottom. Darling, will you do me the honor of staying by me to terrorize this continent with our marriage, till the day we die?"