Chapter 7: "What if I don't?"

I woke up earlier in the night, stirred around the bed, to this side and that. This room was freezing. I woke up again in the morning, again curled up to Sayter, and snarled.
He was reading that book again. I hit his chest twice and rested my hand on his bicep.

Sayter didn't tear his gaze away from the pages, bored and unknowing he said, "Ah, good morning my charming submissive."

I tore away from him, running my nails through my hair to untangle the strands. I had slept in it wet, letting it fold over itself. Now it was a frizzy wave between my fingertips.
"I'm nowhere near being submissive or being yours. In fact, I think I found my fun here in pissing you right off then in settling in."

"That's good to hear, because I find watching you beg and squirm from the consequences also exhilarating."

I twisted and glared at him, I should find a shoe and knock that book out of hands. Honestly, I'd think I'm way more interesting than a book about sin and sacrifice.

I was all that and more.

I got up and got to the master doors, they were locked. I twisted again, "Let me out."

"Say it nicely."

I smiled wide, in my ears I could hear my teeth grind. Morning, and there was so much to suffer through already. "Please, open these doors before I tie you to the handle and shove that book down your throat."

I thought for a moment he wouldn't answer me, until he folded the edge of the page and closed the book. His chest was bare and tan when he spread comfortably across the sheets.
"You're very persistent when I have my attention fixed on something that's not you."

I didn't have an answer, could only glare. But he was right, I suppose. He wants to keep me here, but treats me like his dog. Even pets acquire more attention.
"Come, lay next to me."

I laughed, tugging harder on the doors, told him to go to hell. "Fine, then." Sayter shifted on the bed, bored. Picking the book back up.

Oh, like hell he would.

I gave up on the door, stalking to the bed and stripping him of his book, softly tucking it into a drawer. I peeled off that nightgown slowly while he watched beside, amused. In my undergarments, I crawled over him to lay on his bare chest, and I rested a head of frizzy dark hair on warm skin. "You're an ass."

Sayter played with my hair, chuckling softly and kissing my brow.

Ф

Eventually he gave in and opened the door without me having to ask. I should keep score of rules I can get away with breaking by being stubborn. Maybe it was because he was impatient and had shit to do, because after lecturing me on how I would be tied up and eating out of a dog bowl if my food ended up anywhere other than my mouth and finally feeding me, he took me to his library.

The walls were tall, a white marble stretching over to reach up to those skyward windows. The marble, I realized, I had no chance in hell in climbing either. Dark wood framed the sides beside the marble, and layering the walls entirely were shelves and shelves of books. A place to burn, if it became a competition between me and this room. I could imagine him in here day in and out, reading, working. I forget sometimes he doesn't only torture and prowl over the continent.

"Explore around, and don't piss me off." And with that he went to his desk and sat heavily.

"I want to explore the house." Complaining, and knocking over a few books in play. Sayter eyed me, gods his gaze was hell freezing.
"What did I literally just say."

I gripped my sleeves, "Sorry, sir." I pout, and he turned back, muttering a demand to pick them up. I had, and threw them into the fireplace across the room. He didn't hear, or see. Maybe didn't care, which was more unacceptable. I browsed over the shelves, yawning and yearning. I barely read, maybe I had a boring imagination, and I couldn't sit still long enough. I snarled high enough for him to hear and trotted to his desk. I crawled into his lap, "Take me out."

Flipping through a paper, he sighed, the only acknowledgment that he knew I was there.
"If you behave, I'll take you out. Which you're doing a piss poor job at."

"I wouldn't want you to punish me again, would I?" My fingertips prowled his chest, and he looked up at me.
Come on, play with me.

Sayter kissed me softly, lifting and lying me on the desk, I opened more to him, willing access. His hand trailed between my thigh, and found the warmth there. His approving growl make me kiss him furiously, deeply. Sayter stuck in two fingers and thrusted on my edge, I moaned and gripped his shoulders.
"Don't cum without my permission."

I moaned again, ignoring him. His thumb teased over my clit, and my head hung back.
I wanted more, needed him to enter me, wanted that pleasure. I thought how he handled Briar, killing him not because he owed him something, but from what he almost took from him. He had protected me, with the thought I brought my head up and kiss him furiously.

Sayter thrusted faster against me, and after the teasing and yearning went, I came.
Breathing heavier, I collapsed against the desk. He pulled out of me and pulled me towards him, I was still in ecstasy when he spit, "You're going to be punished for that."

So I hadn't ask, let me win again. In my climax, I whispered, "Lets do it again," and laughed.

Sayter pushed me over, taking my clothes and handed them to me. His eyes, those lips, the look, oh he was pissed.
"Burn them. You can go the rest of the day without clothes and enjoy it, slut."

"What if I don't?" I ran my fingernails through my hair again, nothing but frizz.
"You can wear them or throw them in yourself, either way they go into the fire place with or without you inside." Sayter dropped the long-sleeved red shirt and dark pants in front of me. "You'll get the rest of your punishment later." He growled.

I scooped them up, one thing wrapped in my head I couldn't say.
But I stood, unaffected. He looked at me one more time before focusing on the papers in front of him, everything in my eyes glimmered in satisfactory.