Chapter 23: "Get over my lap."

My fiancé was a complete idiot.

An utter imbecile, or was he doing it all on purpose? My parents came over to see the house, and Gods they were amazed. They've never set foot in something larger than our little cottage, a home anyway, and this one particular was a castle to them.

The problem was Sayter held them like a noose over my neck if I dared leave him, whether we're going to get married or not, I was still his. I don't think he realized the gesture of bringing them over came off more like, Remember you're the blade I hold to their throats.

"She never has been very creative, I'm surprised!"
My Mothers eyes were genuine when I looked at her from where I've been dozing off. The backyard, that is where we are. Sayter— I think —had just told her the yard was mine to decorate.

I laughed defensively, "I haven't touched it yet, Mom, and I can get very creative! I'm just better with a male companion."

"With a blade." My Father bothered to murmur, I coughed to cover my laugh.
Sayter took my arm to gesture me to his side, and I sauntered over to rest a hand on his chest, another on his shoulder.

"Now then, it's getting a bit late and I bet Sayter's getting very horny—"

"Mother."

"—So why don't we eat and me and your Father will be on our way?" Mother winked, Sayter only laughed. It was deep, and I didn't realize how much I needed it. What it set in motion down below..

"You two can stay as long as you like." Sayters hand went lower, resting on my backside.

Oh, hell.

"And have them ride around in the dark? Darling, be realistic!"

He gave me a look, an emotion I couldn't pin down but fit perfectly anyway. So I led him into the house to eat, my parents following behind.

Ф

"I feel fat." I frowned into the mirror, more at myself. The dinner the maids prepared was amazing, I tried to keep from eating as much I could. This mirror was small, but it still held my figure. Then one day it wouldn't, I would be old, and have to back up to get my full image. I cringed at the thought.

"You should feel full, not fat."

I sucked in my stomach, "What if I were fat? I feel like you would dispose of me like that bastard Briar."

"I wouldn't love you any more or less, Victoria." Sayter had no emotion in his tone as he pulled off his shoe, as if what he were saying was obvious. I know that when men lie, they spit and babble defensively as if trying to convince you. So I turned to look at him. His face matched his tone, even focusing on plucking off his other shoe.

"Promise?" My arms were at my sides now, fitting into the mirrors narrow shape.

His eyes were on me now, sexy dark eyes focused on me. "You sold your soul just to have me as your slave, you whipped and humiliated me, bit me on the neck— Gods, you really think gaining weight will stop me from loving you with everything I have."

"Yes."

Sayter stared at me, waiting for me to change my answer, maybe to argue on. I wouldn't.
He only held out an arm, "Come here."

I sucked in a breath through my nose, and obeyed. When I reached his hand he took me by the waste and flipped me onto the bed. Above me, Sayter ran a hand down my body.
"Gain a pound, a hundred, and I will love you to the brink of death. Everything you are is beautiful, so don't defy me by calling me a liar. I love you, Victoria. Everything you are is mine, forever now."