Chapter 5. Randall. Day 38.

"Wake up." Hands pushed against my arm, shaking me awake. I sat up, rubbing my eyes. I peeled my eyes apart, squinting at a blur of pink. I reached out to the ground for my glasses, pushing them on my tired face.

"Is this really happening?" I asked, pushing my hair out of my face.

Molly rolled her big brown eyes, "Get up, perv." She stood up, swatting a hand at Marty. He sat up, flipping his older sister off. "Ferris and I are going to store. Are you down or not?"

"Okay, but like honestly that's a terrible idea." Marty pushed the words out.

I nodded. Molly turned back, moving her jaw in the same nervous way Marty did. "We need something better than ransacking houses. All we have to show for it is a few cases of water and enough food for maybe a week. If we pull this off we can survive."

"Or Mom and Dad loss three kids at once. And they won't even know what happened." Marty threw the words at her.

She opened the door stepping into the hallway. "They won't" The words were a whisper. She left the door open. I stood up, abandoning my blanket on the futon. I pulled a pair of jeans off the floor, onto my legs. Marty stumbled to the closet, pulling it open, yanking a sweater off a hanger.

Molly returned to the room, holding a gun in each of her hands. She pushed them towards the both of us. I reached out, grabbing the large handgun. Marty stared at it for a moment, before grabbing it.

Molly stared at her brother for an extra second. "Don't kill yourself with it." He nodded, placing in the waistband of his jeans. "We're leaving in fifteen minutes. Wear a jacket. We're going out this window, to Ferris' car."

"Where are you going?" A soft voice asked.

Molly turned around looking at the youngest Langley. "To Hell. Go back to bed, Winona."

Winona pushed her long black hair away from her face. "I want to go. I can help."

Molly shook her head, growing frustrated with her sister. "Go to bed, Winona. This is big kid shit."

Winona remained still, staring at Molly. She took a deep breath, letting out a loud scream. Molly burst forward, tackling the younger girl to the floor, covering her mouth. "Fine, you can go!"

"Molly!" Marty tried to keep his voice low. "She's going to get us killed."

"I always thought that would be you." Winona held up her middle finger to her brother.

"We're leaving now, grab your jacket." Molly pushed her little sister out of the way. Ferris' door opened, closing quickly behind him. He shook his head, walking into Marty's room.

"Winona's not coming." He held a gun in his hand.

"Yes, I am. Molly said I could." She pushed her hair out of her face again.

He kneeled down to be her height. "We're going to do dangerous stuff that might not work and we could get hurt and you're just a kid."

"Yeah, I get that. I want to help, Ferris." She pushed her hands into his chest.

He stood up, raising his voice. "You can't help us. We'll all be worried about you and it'll get us killed."

"Then stop worrying about me." She stomped her foot down.

"You're not going." Marty was flicking a lighter to the tip of a cigarette "You're wasting our time, and honestly you're irritating the shit out of me. So get your ass back in bed and be the kid you are, Winona."

"Get fucked." She held up her middle finger to him, moving around the room to all of us. The door was thrown open, hitting the wall. Winona stormed out, leaving the door open.