Chapter 45. Marty. Day 178.

I touched the door looking back for everyone. We lacked a small body, following behind us. A loud slam echoed through the gym, giving me chills. "Winona?" I whispered, seeing her and another person rush across the gym.

"Where are you two going?" Someone yelled at them. I dropped to the floor, throwing my backpack under my head. My family sat near me, looking like they just woke up.

I could see Winona's long ponytail look around trying to find an answer. People began to wake up, sitting up to see what all the commotion was for.

A new voice spoke up, a grossily familiar voice. "She's a little young for you kid. But I guess if young virgins are your thing, go for it."

I wanted to throw up and kill Victor at the same time. He spoke up again, "Where were you planning on taking her, was it going to be romantic? Or is the time for any of that dead, were you just going to plow her?" He moved closer to Kennon and my sister.

"Come on." Ferris whispered to me, pushing the door open.

"Tell me, what do you have your backpacks for? Got some kinky stuff in there for her?" Victor asked Kennon.

A scream pushed me out the door, abandoning my sister. "They're leaving!"

More screams echoed as more people ran for the doors, scattering outside.

Winona moved through the door, arms pushing her. She sprinted over to me, running as a gunshot rang out, two more following.

Kennon ran behind her, looking over his shoulder. I ducked behind a dumpster, pulling Winona in with me. Kennon ran in shielding his head.

We sat there, each of us breathing rapidly, trying to calm our breathing. I held a knife, watching as someone ran past the dumpster, falling down with the sound of a gunshot. I cover my mouth, shaking hard.

"I'm so sorry, Winona." I whispered to her,

She turned to look at me, "You're not throwing me out there, are you?"

"No, I'm just sorry about this mess." I pulled a gunman down moving my knife into his chest. I pulled the gun from his arms, moving back behind the dumpster.

A loud gunshot filled my ears, deafening me for a moment. I turned around, my jaw dropping.

Ferris leaned back to sit up, quickly pointing his arms out. He fired a gun, sending a man behind the ringleader to the ground.

Tires screeched, filling my ears like the blood filling my head. I spit some of it out, looking back at Ferris.

Ferris turned quickly shooting the man hovering over my body. He collapsed to the ground, gasping for air as blood gushed out of his chest. His hand moved sloppily across the pavement, gripping his gun. He fired a loud shot. I pushed my arms into him, knocking him back to the ground. He continued gasping. Ferris threw the gun to me, looking for me to shoot it.

A loud sharp scream filled my ears. I looked to my mother, her arms covered in blood. She was holding my father's limp body close to her. I looked down at the small handgun in my hold and at the man gasping for air beneath me. His expression wasn't scared. It was empty.