Chapter 56. Winona.

I opened my eyes, a bright light shining into my face. I sat up looking at the messy bed around me. My purple blanket hung off the bed, revealing my pale leg. I began to panic. Molly's half of the room was empty. Her bed was a mess with blankets and her daily makeup routine.

I crawled out of my bed, walking slowly through the room into the hallway. I pushed my oldest brothers door open, looking as the two of them looked quickly at me and back to the screen again.

Slater sat on his bed, looking at the TV. "What's wrong, you look like shit?" Ferris asked, pulling his eyes away to glance at me, fixing them back on the screen in time to shoot a enemy in the head. He paused it, turning to face me.

I shook my head, looking at the hallway carpet for the large red stains. The hole in Ferris and Slater's bedroom door from Randall. I looked back at them more confused. "Sl- Slater's alive? The house isn't ruined?" I mumbled, stepping backwards into the hallway.

My oldest brother looked up, touching his hands to his face. "Why wouldn't I be alive?"

Ferris stood up, moving closer to me, "Are you okay? Should I call mom?"

I pointed to the carpet, looking to my brother, "The blood, the hole in your door from Randall? The- the bombs?" I spewed the words out, none of them forming a real sentence.

"What?" Ferris pulled his door towards him, looking at it for a hole. "Blood? Bombs? What are you talking about?"

"The dead people, the end of the world. Slater and Dad and Molly all died. We walked to Oregon." I was sobbing, backing away from my brother, until my back touched the door of my other brother's room.

"Winona, you just woke up, look at your arms. You had a bad dream." He rubbed his tired eyes, pointing to my red lined arms.

I moved to sit on the ground, seeing Ferris sit down in front of me. "What happened?"

I shook my head, not understanding how I had dreamed an entire year of horrific events. "It was so real." I pulled my socks down, revealing blisters on my heels. "Dead people were everywhere, Slater died first. There were bombs going off and we had to leave and we found people and I- I shot you on accident and people hurt us and almost killed Marty and killed Dad and they took Molly and you never said it, but she was probably dead and the hotel burned down and so many people died. There were so many bad people, Ferris. And Marty and I got trapped on the overpass and I- I- I don't remember."

"That was quiet the run on sentence. Sounds pretty scary. This was all one dream?" He asked.

I shrugged, still confused. "I guess, but it was a year long. I wrote it all down."

The door behind me opened. A strange noise escaped my youngest brother before he spoke, "Get out of the way, what are you crying about now? You're such a baby." Marty moved down the hallway, moving down the stairs.

"You're a dick, Martin." Ferris called out after him.

I stood up, abandoning my brother in the hallway to return to my bedroom. I looked at the calender, September, 2010. None of it had ever happened. It had been a crazy dream.

I looked at the TV in the corner of the room. I slowly walked over, turning it on, watching the screen flash to life. The bright colours blinding me. I flipped through the channels, settling on a vulgar cartoon family. I sat on my bed, trying to calm down.

The changing episodes blended together creating one ridiculous blur of animation. My bedroom door opened, Molly walking in, tossing her purse on her bed. She sat down, pushing stuff aside to make room. She pulled her black shoes off, tossing her socks into the clothes basket.