Chapter 52. Randall. Day 367.

The guitar started a second before a voice rang through the headphones. "The fossils of my footsteps will be unearth at a far off date unknown, impressed in concrete from walking home alone, after walking you home."

I moved my lips away from her, watching her eyes open. She pushed her hair to the side. I moved my arm to touch her soft face. She smiled, her eyes squinting hard, trying to hold back tears in the same way her brother did.

"What's wrong?" I whispered.

She parted her lips, a smile cracking before she pushed the words out, "That was my first kiss." I began to remember how young she was before the start, how babied she was. "I'm sorry, I don't know why I told you that."

I shook my head, feeling the headphone move out of my ear. "It's okay." I brushed her too long hair out of her face. I pulled my arm back, replacing the missing headphone.

Winona moved forward, pressing her lips against mine. The bedroom door flew open. "Are you shitting me?" Marty yelled.

I pushed the girl away from me, looking at her brother. I pulled my hand to my mouth. Winona sat on the bed, staring at the wall, sitting on her legs. "That's my little sister!" He shouted. His hand hovered over his handgun.

"Not here." I argued, tossing the iPod on the bed as I stood up to leave Winona.

I moved out of the room, closing the door. I turned, feeling Marty's fist collide with my face. My back hit the door, cracking the thin hallow wood.

"Martin!" Ferris shouted, grabbing his younger brother's arm. I moved against the wall, leaning against it as I stood up, holding my jaw in my hand.

"You're sleeping with my little sister? She's a kid dude, what the hell!" He pulled his arm away from Ferris, swinging it into my nose. I screamed out in pain, watching blood begin to pour from my nose. I cupped my hands, trying to save what ever I had left. He was holding his hand, choking on his own pain, his finger hanging from his hand. I sat down in front of the door, looking at the pool of red I had formed.

Ferris grabbed his brother, dragging him down the stairs. "What the hell have you done, do you know how to fix a broken- I don't even know what you broke, Martin."

"Why aren't you pissed about this?" He hissed from downstairs.

"Do you expect her to spend the rest of her life alone?" A door closed and their voices grew quieter and muffled in the tiny house.

I pushed air through my lips, spraying blood on myself. The bedroom door opened, Winona's thin legs standing beside me. "I'm sorry." She whispered.

I stood up, moving my bloody arms to help me stand, pouring a pool of blood onto the floor from my cupped hand. I stumbled down the stairs, moving into the kitchen. The floor tiles were cold against my feet. A door opened, Ferris moving into the kitchen to grab something.

He didn't look at me, keeping his eyes focused on the towel hanging from the oven handle. He got back to the door, his hand hesitating before grabbing the knob. "End of the world or not, I always knew you two were meant for each other." He opened the door, returning to his brother.