Chapter 4

Sarah's POV

I sighed unpacking the last of the boxes, yes it moved in with Joanne, yes we got our old apartment back. Lestrade was coming by later to discuss a case with all of us, I of course already knew what it was and had a suspect. Hey, I'm the leader of the four now, I know everything. "Sarah!" I walked into the living room, there was John, Joanne, Sherlock, and Lestrade. "Ok so what's the case?" John asked, "we've had three murders, each one with a gun shot to the lung and an Ace card covered in their own blood pined to their head" "already have a suspect" I said plopping down on the couch. "How?" I smirked "a magician never reveals his secrets" Lestrade rolled his eyes. "Who is it then?" "Nicholas Krustov, Russian casino owner of the biggest casino in London. The Lotus Flower" I explained. "Why is he a suspect?" Sherlock asked, quite rudely may I add, "well Mr.Holmes, first victim used to work for him, second was his old business partner, and last but not least the third was his security guard's girlfriend slash his lover" I smirked "you getting it yet or should I set up a game of connect the dots for you" Sherlock glared at me, clearly annoyed. "Well then Ms. know it all what do you suppose we do?" "glad you asked Joanne! I suggest two of us go under cover as his employs, he is currently looking for a new security guard and a new bartender" I smirked at their expression. "Right, Sherlock and Sarah can go under cover. I'll get the paper work done and try to be ready by monday" Lestrade said his goodbyes and left. "dibs on being bartender!" I exclaimed "have you ever been a bartender?" "yes multiple times" the boys just starred. Joanne of course, already knew everything about my past so this wasn't news to her. "Why?" I shrugged "hey a 17 year old girl has to make a living" they nodded. " I need some air" I said breaking the awkward silence, I walked up the stairs and onto the roof. Taking out my lighter, I lit a cigaret letting the smoke escape between my lips. Reminds me of Gandalf smoking his pipe in the hobbit.

"Your gonna kill yourself doing that" I smirked "wouldn't be the first time, want one" Sherlock looked at the cigaret before taking it and holding it in front of the small flame of my lighter. "Did you need something, or did you just want in on the cigarets" he shrugged "your still angry with me" it wasn't a question, it was a statement. "I'm not angry just upset, I was angry, but not anymore" "why are you upset?" he sighed. "You do your best to help everyone, to save everyone, to make everyone happy. Yet you won't let anyone help you" I shook my head "I hate the feeling of being vulnerable" "but asking for help doesn't mean your vulnerable!" he turned to me. We stood there, a bit two close for people who weren't dating, he leaned his forehead against mine "Sarah I-" I took a step back shaking my head, I can't do this again. "No Sherlock. You deserve better than what I can give you. I'm not doing this again" I dropped my cigaret putting it out with the sole of my show before walking away.

Sherlock's POV

What did she mean? Does she think she's not good enough for me? obviously you idiot! God how could she think that! of anything she was to good for me. She was kind, funny, and brave, while I was sum heartless jackass. Honestly! I can't let her think so low of herself, she hurt me, but that doesn't change how I feel. I'm getting my girlfriend back. Whether she likes it or not.