10-The truth

Breathe in, breathe out. Breathe in, breathe out.

Breathe the frick in.

Breathe the hell out.

Breathe in god dammit!

Breathe out for damns sake!

Breathe fucking in!

Breathe fucking out!

Okay, let's be cool now. You're just in front of your own house. It's not like your life is gonna end here.

Well, it kinda is.. but never mind.

Oh, yeah that's right. That isn't where we left off.

Well, I'm now in front of my house, the day after I went to Sam. It's not time to show up to my family and talk to Daniel.

I know I shouldn't give him the chance, but he's my brother. I'm kinda stuck with him for the rest of my life.

If he doesn't get to talk now, he will later. So if he's going to hurt me, he better does it now before I get all these images in my head of all the scenarios that could've happened behind my back.

Daniel was still here, I could see that by his car. It was still there. But today I need to talk to him, I'm definitely not ready yet, but I have to.

Step by step till I'm at the door. One last breathe in breathe out. I ring the doorbell. It only takes a few seconds till the door opens.

The friendly face of my mother looks at me. She was the one that opened the door.

"Hey, I talked to Daniel. He is incredibly sorry for the information you heard. He desperately wants to talk to you about it."

"Thanks mom, now I can't wait." I say with the only language I speak, sarcasm. I go inside, put my jacket and shoes away and go inside.

"He's not here." My mom says. "He's in his room, he's been there the whole time. I haven't seen him leaving."

Kinda good to know he feels bad if I'm honest. I ignore my mom and go upstairs.

Just 3 more steps till I'm at his door, the door from his room he hasn't been in since summer.

The first step is good, we need to talk, he needs to.

The second step doubts a bit, does he deserve my time? What if the truth will hurt me..

The third step is angry, stop it with the baby drama. He's your stupid brother and you need to fix this relationship before it'll be the same like Sam's family.

Breathe in, breathe out.

Just open the door, is my last thought before I actually do it.

There he is, a sad Daniel, laying on his bed. He might seem like a tough brother, but he's soft on the inside. He's not under the blanket, but his hugging his pillow.

He heard me come in so he looks up. "Liza?"

"You've got 5 minutes." I say and sit on the chair next to the bed. It's a big, soft, comfortable chair.

He immediately sits straight.

"I know you feel down about this,"

More than this Daniel, more than you could ever know.

"but you completely got it wrong. I have never done anything on purpose to hurt you."

I keep it all in, I gotta stay strong for whatever that is coming my way.

"This is what really happened."

Last summer...

Daniel was sitting in his room, packing the stuff he needed for college. He was just whistling, it was a good day in his eyes.