24-The phone call

Beep....

Beep...

Beep...

This noise is really making me scared. I shouldn't have called. It was a mistake, I should just hang up. I'll make everything worse, even though I already did because I'm calling now.

I quickly take the phone away from my face and it lights up, as soon as I want to press the red button, the person picks up.

"Elisabeth?" She shyly asks.

Please please please don't be mad at me for calling her! I know it's stupid and I don't even know why I called her, but please don't hate me for it..

I bring the phone to my ear and shut my eyes. "Yes?" I quietly say back, it's like my throat is refusing me to talk more.

I can hear her breath through the phone. "Are you seriously calling me?" She says. She surprised, she can't believe I'm calling her. I can hear that in her voice.

"Well, I don't think it's a dream. So yes I'm calling you, even though everything would be so much easier if it was a dream. Then I'd like to wake up, fast." I say. And I mean it.

What if one day I do wake up? And it was all a dream? Imagine what a big relief that would be. Then I hope there would be no drama anymore, no sadness, no anything bad.

Actually. If this would be a dream. Then how the hell did my brain come up with this shit? I mean, this is really bad. All this crap is just not realistic. Which would be perfect for a dream though... But no! This just can't be a dream, it's too messed up for that.

"That's true. Waking up right now would be great." She says, I can hear that she's smiling a little. By the way she breathes.

"Why did you do what you did in the hallway today?" I ask. I want to know what she wanted to accomplish with it.

"When I realized what an asshole I've been to you I started to see what I've done with my life and what I've done to you. Those girls really shouldn't say anything about you, they're so plane and boring. You're an actual person and they're just breathing organisms with chapped lips. So I decided to tell them that what they say wasn't true. Then we started pushing each other and now I have 2 weeks detention to go to, so yeah.. That's the short version."

"Did they get detention as well?"

"They didn't, they blamed it all on me and came up with a twisted story. Of course the principal didn't believe me because I was alone, so now I have detention."

"Well, you kinda deserve it. Not for standing up for me, but for all the other shit you've done. It doesn't even surprise me the other girls got away with it, it's pretty predictable. Those things always happen to those type of people."

"True, I do deserve it. I know that. And you're right, people like that always get their way. It might not be fair, but it's true."

"Yeah." I say, it's not so bad talking to her. It's kinda nice actually. Is that bad of me?

Is it bad to like talking to Jesica?

"Liz? After the whole hallway thing you disappeared, I didn't see you in school anymore. Are you okay?"

I don't really know how to answer that. Am I okay? No, not really. And do I even want to answer to the question where I was? No, not really, I don't want to tell her about what happened to Sam.

"Oh! Sorry! I called you Liz, I meant, Elisabeth." She quickly says.

"It's fine, but stick to Elisabeth from now on, alright?"

She can't talk me like she used to anymore. Too much has changed. She's not the person I used to know, so she can't call me like that anymore.

I'm not sure if I can continue this as well, would it be good for me to talk to her?

Probably not to be honest, but I don't know.. I guess I'm just this desperate for something good in my life.

She's probably not gonna be that for me. She'll probably only make me feel worse about myself, so maybe I should just end the call right now?

"I understand, sorry again, Elisabeth." She says, she's trying to be as nice and apologizing to me as possible.

"Yea. Jesica, maybe it was just a mistake for calling you.. I should just hang up now." I say, I'm completely honest, nothing is hidden now.

She takes a deep breath.

"Yeah.. Okay.. I get that.. But if it's okay.. It was nice to hear your voice again."

"Yea, well, bye." I say. I don't let her say it back because I already hung up myself. When she said that it was nice to hear my voice, I just immediately went into survival mode and wanted to hang up as soon as possible.

I need to not cross any more limits. I've crossed a lot by this phone call and it can't happen again. I need to be strong now.

Like that'll work. I roll my eyes to myself and keep walking on the street.

Going home is probably the right decision, I need to make things okay for me again. Because if they keep getting worse, then how should I be able to keep waking up every morning and having enough energy to make it through the whole day.

Like always I "forgot" my jacket and I'm just in a big hoodie, it's just me. But I kind of regret not taking a jacket because it's pretty cold out here. And when I look at the sky, I can see nothing but dark grey clouds. It'll probably rain soon so I should get home quickly.

After about 10 minutes of walking, I already have passed the park, I've decided to not take the bus this time because I can use the fresh air to think.

But anyhow, after those 10 minutes of walking, I see the Alex again. Man he's just everywhere I go. This time I'm not up for a conversation, if the universe really wants me to know him, then I'll see him around again. If the universe can do those things and if it's not just stupid coincidence.

I slide under the hood of my hoodie and pull the strings a little so I'm basically unrecognizable. It also makes me feel way more comfortable, it feels safer. Like a shelter, somewhere to hide.

As I walk on the streets, he still notices me walking. He takes a good 5 seconds to look at me until I've passed him. That he's still looking at me is clear when he says something.

"A nice day to you too."

I roll my eyes and raise my hand a little as a goodbye. I wonder how many time I'll see him again. Probably enough times to get to know him better, even though I'm not looking forward to that.

After some time of more walking and overthinking, my front door is finally in sight. It's peaceful and quiet out here, on the street. I like it. I feel like I've been thinking too much and now that it's quiet, my head gets a little rest. I really needed that.

In the meanwhile I already came to the door and I walk in. My parents are both working and my dad will be gone for a long while, so I got the kingdom all for me.

I put my shoes where they belong and throw my backpack towards the stairs, I painfully miss and I can hear something break. Oddly I don't even care.

I open the door of the living room and I can't believe my eyes. What the hell?!

———————————————

Hey there, sorry for not posting a chapter in ages. I've been so busy! Uhg

I still hope you liked it, don't forget to vote and comment;)

I love you<3