29-Bitter Love

She looks at me and starts giggling. "Well, thank you." She says and I can just see she's questioning why I said that she's very beautiful.

I just freeze and my eyes get bigger. "Uh..." Why did I even say that? Why do I have to be so damn awkward all the time?

She looks at me, she must've seen that I didn't mean to come off so strong right away. "It's okay, thanks for the compliment. Have a nice day miss." She says and winks at me.

The organs in my stomach are now having a party, with a lot of jumping. There aren't any words to describe how that wink made me feel. I feels great, yet it's scary.

She grabs a paper and a pen, she writes something down and she slides the paper over to my side of the desk.

"You too. Uhm.. Bye." I say, I'm staring at the paper, but I can't seem to find out what she wrote. My eyes aren't working. My everything isn't working at the moment and then I turn around, I run out of the store as fast as I can.

Yes I ran. I freaking ran. Not just walking, like people usually do in stores. No, I decided to run out of that store as if life is a marathon.

I wonder what she wrote on that paper and run back into the store. Straight to the desk and grab the paper.

She looks at me, she's surprised I came back. She also starts giggling. I smile back to her.

Then I run out of the store again. Why do I even run?? What is that necessary for?

Anyway.. The point is, is that I got the hair dye and the paper. I'll check what's on the paper later today.

After that thought I put the paper in my pocket. I also put the box of hair dye in my bag. I could really use some energy. I'll go get some coffee. That's exactly what I need.

There's a cute little coffee place in the middle of town. I think I'll go there. The name of the place is: Bitter love. I never understood the point of the name, but the drinks are amazing.

So I wonder down the street for a while and then see the shop. I walk towards it and go in.

The place already smells amazing, it smells like chocolate and mocha. I can't wait to order something!

The place is really adorable. There are small tables everywhere, the walls are mint green and light pink. It's cosy, there are some people here already, but not many. I guess the people that are sitting here are on their way to work or school or something.

But I came here for coffee, so that's exactly what I'm gonna get.

I walk up to the desk and stand in the small line of four people in front of me. So that gives me the opportunity to take a better look around at the people sitting here.

Most of them look very nice, some even notice I'm looking at them, they either smile or wave at me.

But you know. There are always these few people who are grumpy in the morning and coffee is all what's on their mind. So they don't even notice I'm looking at them.

After waiting a little longer it's finally my turn to order. But when I look into the eyes of the young man behind the desk, I forget all the words. That's how surprised I am. Even my jaw drops from it.

He sighs. "Yes, I work in this coffee place. Were you planning to order anything or are you just gonna stand there like that." Alex says, he clearly doesn't like this job.

"Why do you work here?" I ask and look at the uniform he's wearing. It doesn't suit his personality at all, for as far as I know him, which is barely.