31-Planning

"My family? What did they call for?" I ask and look at my science teacher. "It was your mom, she told me about how things aren't really going that well for you at home right now. She also mentioned you being a bit distant, because Samuel is in the hospital. So I decided to keep you here with me and keep an eye on you okay? I'm here for you. If you want to talk about the situation, or need someone to talk to. You can always come to me okay?" He says, it seems like he genuinely cares.

This is a bit sudden.. My mom told my school about my situation now? Is it really not safe for me to distract myself anymore? Where could I possibly go to feel normal again? And not like a failed daughter or a bad friend. Am I even going to get out of all this crap?

That's probably a question I will never get to answer with complete security.

I feel like panicking. This is a sweet gesture, but it's like a bomb thrown on my city. The neighbourhood of safety is shattered into small pieces. The river of calmness has turned into an angry river of stress and panic, it's storming heavily. The buildings of regularity and the right order meadows are both unrecognizable. This attack did more damage than ever imaginable, even though it was such a small question. The attack is destroying me.

"Actually I'd like to keep you here with me everyday either during a break or after school for a little while. To make sure everything's okay." He says and looks at me, I can see in his eyes that he's serious about this.

"I-uh.." I say, I'm speechless and my mind is going insane. A great duo. They are unstoppable together, it's a perfect mix. This will keep me confused for a while.

I take a deep breath and close my eyes, then open them to look at my science teacher again. "Actually, that would be great, sir. Things are so stressed and chaotic since Samuel is in the hospital, someone to spend time with and to talk to is a great idea, thank you." I manage to get out of my throat.

This is maybe something I said too fast or maybe I said too much, but at least my shoulders carry a bit less weight now. I've been dying to find someone to talk to and Samuel isn't an option, he should focus on his journey to get better, not on my shit and life, as much as he wants to help me, he needs to get a bit better first.

This teacher might storage the stories I will tell him in his mind, but at least I would've told them. Isn't that really the point?

All these feelings and stories have been storing in my head and there's not enough space anymore for other things. I need to get my things straight and as fast as possible too.

My science teacher smiles friendly and nods, he places his hand on my shoulder. "I'm glad to hear that you're willing to talk and sit here, with me. I'll be here to listen to what you have to say and we'll find a solution together, alright?" He has kind eyes. I think I can trust him.

This made me smile a little, not too much, I'm still very stressed out, but a small smile is at least a bit of a smile.

"Okay, thank you mister Carter." I say and smile, I let out a sigh in relief.

"Got the first part off your chest?" He says and takes his hand away from my shoulder. I nod a little. "Yes." I shortly answer, I've told him enough for now.

"You can go now, if the teacher tells you off for being late, tell them you had to stay with me for a little while. Alright?" He says, I nod. "Yes, sir."

"You can go now," he says with a friendly smile on his face, "will I see you today or do you want to start tomorrow?"

"You'll see me tomorrow at lunch, I'll be here." I say. "Bye, mister Carter." "Have a nice day, Elisabeth."