30-This'll be a long day

"You would want to help me with my hair?" I say and giggle. I can't quite understand what I'm hearing. This must be a joke. He wouldn't want to actually help me, would he?

"Sure." He says and shrugs a little. "I've done it before, so I could help you."

"Is this your natural colour? Well, your natural hair colour?" I ask and take a step closer to the desk. "Yes, it is, but my mother made me dye her hair when I was little, so I know the tricks and shit like that." He says, there's still not much emotion in his face. I wonder if I ever get to see those. I wonder what real emotions, not locked away emotions, look like on him.

"Will you still be here by the end of the day?" I ask him. Maybe I should take the offer. I mean, this is the first time I'm dying my hair, so I better get it done right. I don't want to look like a complete fool and get killed by my parents. One of those is enough already. So I think I should just accept his offer.

"No, but we could meet up at the cliff and make a plan." He says. His light blue eyes are very beautiful, yet very.. sad in some way. He must've been hurt badly once and now he's afraid to feel anything at all. It wouldn't surprise me if I was right, since he told me about what a shitty home situation he's in.

"Sounds good. How about 5pm?" I ask. "That's fine, now get out of the line because people would like to order some coffee now." He says. I'm not sure rather he was being sarcastic, serious or annoyed. Whatever it would've meant, he's right. I should get out of the way and drink my coffee.

There's a cute table by the window still free, so I decide to sit down there and think about what the hell I'm going to do today.

After I finished my coffee, I went back home. Going to town for a longer period of time wouldn't be smart. It was for the best if I'd just go to school. I can't hide forever from it and it's better to learn during the classes now, rather than getting too much stress from not knowing what the things are about anymore. So I'll just be going to school I guess.

The thing I can look forward to, or fear, is dying my hair when I'm home. Because I will do that, I'm sure of it. The piercing will wait for later and I think that dying my hair could count as a point. It would be the first one out of five.

It would be a great milestone for me. Doing something rebellious like this for myself will give me a confidence boost for sure.

It'll also scare me like hell because I wouldn't know how people would react to it. I hope my parents wouldn't mind too much. I hope they'd still let me stay in the house, but I don't think they'd kick me out. Kicking someone out for the colour of their hair is a bit extreme isn't it.. Well, I'm also doing it without them knowing, so that's definitely something they'll be mad about. Maybe I shouldn't hide it at all.

I'm not even sure if my parents would be okay with it if I took Alex home to help me. They don't know him, I don't really know him, he doesn't really know me.

But that's not for now.. I'll figure something out later. The important thing for now is to go to school and focus during the classes.

I quickly grab my stuff together, everything I'll be needing that day is all set and ready to go. So now I gotta take the buss to school and survive another day in there, but that should be alright, if I focus on my education and not on the fake people around me, I'll survive easily.

The second I walk out of the house, all my semi positive energy for school disappears. There's no way this could be a good day.

Then I feel my phone buzzing. I take it from my pocket and look who's calling or texting me, but I don't stop walking, I need to get to the buss stop in time.