21-The Stranger

"Like you have some sort of secret plan to destroy the planet in that book." I say and roll my eyes.

"Unfortunately me nor the book are that cool." He says and sighs. "You seem stressed, why are you here?" He asks, not even like he cares, it's very calm and seems like a normal question.

"School, very annoying people and I was actually on my way to the hospital. Why are you here?" I say and look at the view.

"Escaped home." He says and looks at me. "They have some weird shit going on there and I don't wanna be a part of it." Now I look at him too.

"What weird shit? What's it like at your place?" I ask, with no judgment in my voice.

"Well when I get home I get yelled at, I think my parents called me loser more often then they actually use my name. Then they go back to their little.." He sighs. "Never mind, it's not important anyway, I don't even know why I'm telling you this."

His face doesn't really show any emotion, it's like he locked them away a long time ago. He looks like he's angry with his life, but too tired to try do do anything about it.

I know that, I know how that feels..

"You can tell me, I have a shitty life too, probably not as bad as yours, but it's true." I say.

He sighs and takes off his jacket, he pulls up the sleeves of his black sweater. I see burn scars, cut scars, scars I don't even know the cause of. It's horrible.

I look at his arm with wide eyes. "So that's how it's like at my place. These ones," he points at the burn scars, "are for the cigarets that have been pressed against my skin till they weren't burning anymore." He says. He doesn't show any emotion, he locked them out.

"That's terrible.." I manage to get out of me. "Home sweet home right?" He sarcastically says.

"What are those for?" I point at the cut scars. "Those are from me, I used to do that when I still cared. Now I just let go of everything, it's a lot easier that way." I nod slowly.

I slowly lift up my own sleeves. My scars and cuts are showing, I look at him for his reaction.

"Why do you do that?" He asks.

"Because life sucks." I respond, if I'd tell the reasons why, then I'd be talking till next year. He nods. "Really does, doesn't it."

"Mind telling me why you're really here now?" I ask again. I must get it out of him, his life is so much... so much more information and past than mine. I want to hear his story.

He sighs. "I'm here because I can jump off this cliff any second and no one can stop me. I feel like I control my life here. When I'm here I have a choice, jump or don't jump. But it's something I get to decide, a choice only I can make, I'm controlling my life here. I know it sounds fucking messed up, but it's true."

Jesus fucking Christ. What the heck did he just say?!

"So you came here to kill yourself, but maybe not."

"Exactly, like of course I won't jump right now, I mean, you're here and it would be horrible of me to jump right in front of you. I know I won't kill myself, but at least it's my choice to make here. At home I'm just trapped, but I can walk out any second and they wouldn't even care. My freedom is important to me and when I'm here I feel it even more." He says, he looks at the view.

"You're one weird hell of a guy." I mumble back at him. "Says the girl that got into a stranger's car and passed out because of a phone call."

"Hey! You offered me a ride and I was completely freaked out. You don't get to judge me like that." I immediately flip out.

He shrugs. "Whatever, but you still got in. I mean, what if I was a serial killer." He looks at me and I look at him. "Then I'd be dead and that would've been nice."

He chuckles. He has a low, calm voice. It's very pleasant to listen to. It's sad that he had a life like this, he deserves better.

"See you around kiddo." He says and packs his things, he stands up and starts walking away.

Wait.. Maybe he can take me to the hospital again?

"Wait!" I yell.

Oh no.. Did I really just yell that? The second he makes fun of me for getting in his car, I wanna ask it again? Man I'm such an idiot.

He turns around. "Yo." He simply says. "Would you mind taking me to the hospital again?" I ask anyway, without my mind agreeing on it.

He smiles a little, and with a little, I mean a tiny little bit. "Follow me." He says and starts walking again. I jump off the bench and quickly walk to him to catch up.

He takes me to his car and we don't say anything to each other, it's not an awkward silences, we just don't feel like talking.

We both get into the car and he starts driving. "How old are you?" I ask.

"18." He says like he's an army soldier and I commanded him to do something. "Nice." I say and he responds after a few seconds with, "I suppose so."

We both keep quiet, then he looks at me. "You look exhausted, yesterday really sucked didn't it."

"It hella did, I got into a fight with.. someone, Sam got in the hospital and my father hit me. All I wanna do is just jump out of the nearest window." I'm so pissed off, why does everything need to suck so bad?

"That sounds like true shit." He says and looks back at the road. After a while we arrive at the hospital.

"Uhm... Thanks for the ride." I say. He shortly nods. "Good luck." He says and I smile a little. "Thank you." Then I get out of the car.

The hospital is so white, so creepy, so empty. It doesn't feel like you're welcome. It gives me goosebumps. Then I get a text from my mom;

Dad is going to send you flowers everyday till he's back, he told me that. And I got a call from school, you're sick? Is everything okay?

Fuck. Why the hell did school need to call her?! Uhg, I can't deal with this right now.

I ignore everyone and everything around me and go straight to third floor, left hallway and fourth door. There stands his mother, she just got out of the room, as soon as she sees me she runs to me and hugs me.

"You came back!" She excitingly says. "Well of course you came back." She then responds to herself. "He's sleeping now, but he'll be awake in a few I think. He does need rest, so please stay calm and quiet." She pulls away and smiles a little to me.

"Of course miss. I'm glad to hear he's awake." I say, trying my best to stay calm, when a million bombs in me explode.

She smiles friendly. "I'll leave you two alone for a while, thank you so much for stopping by again, it really means a lot to us."

Yeah, of course it does, you homophobic son of a-

Holy crap, I cannot think that way about his mother. I force a smile on my face and go into Sam's room.

All the scary machines are still there, he looks tired, but better than yesterday. I take place on the chair next to the bed and grab his hand again.

He looks so peaceful when he's asleep. It makes me feel so sad to see him like this, this never should've happened to him. He doesn't deserve any of this.

He sleepily opens his eyes and looks at our hands, then he looks at me, I can't read his facial expression. He weakly opens his mouth to say something.

"Who are you..?" He says with a raspy voice.

—————————————

Holy shit right?!?!?! So much happened, wow!

I also won't update the book in probably 2 weeks, there's a week with exams coming up and I need the full concentration and time. I hope you can understand<3

Love you:)