34-Hair dye

"Don't say that, I'm supposed to focus on this." I say and chuckle. "You're impossible." He says and sighs, I can hear that he's still smiling. "And you're soft." I say, only to joke around and mess with him. "Whatever." He says, he's clearly not up to get into an argument about him.

"How's your friend in the hospital?" Alex asks.

"Honestly, I don't know. Doctors say he will most likely stay there for a couple weeks more, until he can walk by himself and stuff. He's in pain. I just want him to get better so I can celebrate Christmas with him and his brother." I say and sigh, I'm sad and worried at the same time. That's an exhausting feeling.

"Celebrating Christmas together?" Alex blankly says, it seems like there's no judgement in his voice, but he always has that, so his thoughts are always and will always be a mystery.

"Yes. My parents are never home with Christmas so my family celebrates it on another day, therefore I have the opportunity to celebrate it with Sam on the day the majority of the world celebrates it."

"What about his family? Don't they want him home?"

"I want to steal one of the Christmas days so he can see his brother, he hasn't seen him in months."

No response. Maybe that's for the better. I shouldn't share Sam's life in the open like that, that's not my job to do.

After about 10 minutes of goofing around I think I got every hair covered with hair dye. "Alex, you're done." I say and sigh proudly.

Alex is leaning against my legs, when he started with that it was almost like he fell against me. Also his breaths are deep. Is he asleep or something?

"Alex?" I say and take off the gloves, I try to look at his face, I don't want to touch him too much yet, I haven't known him for that long.

I pat his shoulder and Alex sharply breathes in through his nose. He looks around and yawns, then stretches a bit. "So you did fall asleep." I state.

"Your company is calming." He says whilst he's still stretching.

"Calming? Aren't I just boring?" I say jokingly and giggle. "You're not boring." He says in my defense. "Alright, fine, I believe you. Why did you fall asleep? Are you tired?" I ask him, he is making sure he's not touching me anymore, he also must've felt it's not so appropriate now.

"Sleep didn't include the schedule of last night," He says, "escaping home was more the plan." "I'm so sorry to hear that.." I say, I'm not sure what to say? Do the right words even exist?

"What can you do about it." He says and shrugs. "Have I been out for long?" He asks and stands up, he looks at me. I shake my head. "No, as soon as I finished I pat your shoulder."

"Okay, well the hair dye needs to be washed out in about 15 minutes, for you." He says. "Okay, let me grab a towel for you." I say and stand up, as soon as I'm at the door Alex opens his mouth to say something. "All I need is a sink, a shower is too much luxury for someone like me."

What? What does he mean by that? Of course he's gonna get access to the shower. Why wouldn't he? That's insane!

On the other side it's like I heard my own demons speak. He must be in the same situation I am in. At least I'm trying to escape from it. I wonder if him leaving town will help him for his demons. I hope it will, he has earned a happy life for being so kind and gentle with me. It shows he isn't a bad person. Or does it?

"I don't even know how to respond to that because every single thing about it is wrong. You're taking a shower here Alex, don't throw that 'I don't deserve it' bullshit at my face." I say once I've turned to him. "Shut the hell up about deserving and just accept it that you're taking a shower here." I say, he grins to me.