{6}

You opened your eyes to a blinding white light and a sense of déjà vu washing over you. Slowly, you let your eyes adjust to the light only to be staring back at a white ceiling. You went to sit up only to be restrained by the same thick chains that held you last time you woke up. You looked to your left to see a boy around your age leaning on the opposite wall as the bed you were on. He had sun kissed skin and short blonde hair with his arms crossed, displaying black tattoos spiraling down his arms. You must have made a noise for his head snapped towards you, displaying his electric blue hues.

"Hello, I'm Aqualad, and you are?"

...........

"I mean you no harm."

You just rolled your head back to the right, staring at the ceiling again.

He sighed and walked over, sitting on the end of the bed. "I come from Shayeris, an Atlantean City."

You casted your gaze back at him, curiosity in your eyes.

"It's very beautiful there, sometimes I really miss it. I remember when I first came to land, I was honestly quite scared. I didn't know what to expect or what it would be like. But my King assured me that everything was gunna be alright, and I met some amazing people."

You casted your gaze down to the ground "S-Shaveris?....." You questioned softly.

His eyes snapped back to you, he saw the curiosity in your eyes and slowly continued. "Y-yes, it's where I come from. It's a city in to depths of the ocean."

~ 3rd Person POV ~

Aqualad continued to talk about his home while the girl eagerly listened; soaking up all the information he gave. Time flew by as this he continued telling stories, the girl unconsciously becoming more comfortable with the boy. Aqudlad had almost finished one of his many stories about him and Aquaman when the door whipped open, interrupting him. Stood in the doorway was no other then bats himself. With a quick gesture of his head he left the room once again.

Aqualad slowly stood up casting one more glance at the girl chained to the bed; Before casting a farewell over his shoulder as he strode to the door.

"Y/N...."

He stopped mid step and slowly turned back towards her. "What?"

She gulped and continued "M-my name... is Y/N..."

He offered her a small smile "Mine is Kaldur'ahm, but my friends just call me Kaldur." He turned to leave once again only to be stopped by her sweet voice.

"Wil... Will you come tell me stories again?" She spoke somewhat panicky.

"You bet, Y/N."

And with that he left the room, leaving a smiling girl behind.

~ Aqualad's POV ~

I shut the door to Y/N's room with a sigh, heading down the hallway to a meeting room. I walked into the room to see everyone from both teams there; I swiftly took my seat next to my King and robin, listening in on the discussion taking place.

"She's dangerous, we have no idea who she is or where she came from!"

"We have no information on her, we need to start getting answers one way or another."

The teams argued about what to do with Y/N for a while, before I couldn't take it anymore.

"Y/N"

"What?" Batman spoke eyeing me down.

"Her name is Y/n."

Everyone looked at me like I just sprouted two heads as I continued.

"And she's not some dangerous felon, well she is but she's just a scared kid."

"Kaldur!" Robin yelled off, cutting me "She's stolen countless things, robbed countless bank-"

"But has she ever hurt anyone." I cut him off, causing him to look down at his lap. "That's what I thought. She's just scared trust me, I was telling her stories about Shaveris a-"

"You did what? Kal-"

"I'm sorry my king but let me finish, I was telling her stories about Shaveris and she had this gleam in her eye of curiosity, like a little kid would have. I believe we should actually see what she has to say about her and her team before we just call them vicious criminals. Robin." I turned to boy wonder next to me, causing his head to shoot up. "You said that they've robbed hundreds of banks right? Then why was Y/N dressed in casual clothes, filthy ones at that. It doesn't make sense."

Everyone grew very quiet after I had spoken; Batman was the first to speak up.

"Aqualad, we still need answers-"

"I can get her to talk, she trusts me..."

He squinted his eyes in thought before giving a curt nod. And with that Batman and the Martian Man hunter left the room, with me and my king in tow.