{17}

~3RD Person POV~

"Ow..."

"Hey get off me!"

"Calm dow-oof"

"I can't breathe! Help! I can't breathe!"

"God what are you eating?"

"Shut your mouth Wally!"

Various complaints were spewed out as the heroes landed on each other into an awkward dogpile of limbs. A blank vast of darkness surrounded them, not even allowing them to see their own noses underneath their eyes.

"Is everyone okay? Anyone get hurt?" Black Canary asked worryingly, her motherly instincts for the young team showing through.

"M'gann?"

"I-I'm good"

"Robin?"

"Feeling the aster"

"Connor?"

"Fine"

"Kaldur?"

"I'm okay Canary"

"Wally?"

"Would've been better if I hadn't been crushed by a freaking boulder!"

"Hey! take it back!"

"Make me- OW! Stop it! Stop it! Ow cut it out!"

"Artemis! Let Wally go!"

"Jeez! I didn't say anything that wasn't true..."

"AH! Take it back!"

Wally let out a high pitch, girlish scream as the two began to tussle once more, bumping into many and wiggling around in the giant heap of heroes.

The group halted in their actions as a blinding white filled their vision. Some took longer to adjust to the sudden change, but once they did, they looked around in disbelief.

"The cave?"

Hawkgirl asked in mild confusion as they stood up, standing upon the main floor which the young team uses for combat training.

"So... I assume you probably have some questions for us?" A voice spoke from a hallway on their left. Composing themselves and turning around, they came face to face with no other than the twins.

"Damn right! What the hell was that all abou-"

"Follow us." The twins interrupted the Flash, turning on their heels and walking down the dark hallway behind them; leaving the remaining teams no choice but to follow reluctantly behind.

A few minutes later they arrived in the common room which consisted of a living room area and a kitchen. To their dismay, the member of Blood Bath and Beyond were all sprawled out on the various couches of the room, the twins taking their respectful spot of the floor, watching a movie.

A few minutes ticked by filled with nothing but the sound of the movie filling up the silence. The two justice teams became understandably upset but contained their rage.... Well they tried to... some more than others...

"Hey! What the actual fuck is going on here?"

"Watching A Quiet Place."

Y/N's short response failed to satisfy Red Arrow. A black cladded arm shot out to block the now fuming archer from advancing further than the few steps he had already taken.

"No shit sherlock. What the actual fuck was that back there! Huh? W-"

"Green Arrow take him out."

Following his leaders orders Green arrow attempted to calm his former protégé who instead threw off his former mentors' arm, storming down the hall they had previous come from with Green Arrow trailing close behind.

Their attention was quickly turned back to the group at hand as the flash sped over and unplugged the TV. Various complaints flew from Blood Bath and Beyond's mouths as they threw the occasional pillow at the justice member.

"Hey! Plug it back in!" Xavier shouted with a mouthful of popcorn.

Kid Flash was quick to act as he snatched the bowl out of Xavier's grasps, giving him a cold glare.

Finally, sensing the tension in the air, the lounging teens quickly became alert, sitting up straight and preparing themselves for whatever the teams threw at them.

"Kadlur, you and your team are dismissed. Your training will continue tomorrow at eight o'clock sharp... I suggest you all head back to your rooms."

"But-"

"Now."

Batman's authoritative voice cut off any interjections the young team had as they slowly but surely sulked down the various hall and out of sight. A moment or two passed, no one moved or uttered a word until superman gave a slight nod towards the bat like man.

However, no one expected the ever-terrifying batman to utter the words he did next.

"I understand."

Confusion washed over both teams as batman let out a heavy sigh.

"I understand why you did what you did. That lady-"

"M-Miss Lauren ." Skyro's shy voice interrupted.

"Yes, Miss Lauren. I did a quick background check while waiting for you. She's broke, barely surviving with the scraps she has. Yet seven years ago she opened the Happy Days Orphanage. She took in anyone she could find. Kids of all ages that were homeless, kicked out, or unwanted were all gathered under her roof. Her orphanage was set for foreclosure on August 5th, four years ago. However, two days before this date, Miss Lauren was able to make the payments on her house and hasn't missed one since, despite not having a registered job."

Silence fell over the group. Their secret was out. They weren't bloodthirsty criminals who broke the rules for the sake of breaking them. They did not belong in Belle Reve with all the others. They were nothing but scared teenagers, trying to do what they believed to be right in some twisted version of robin hood.

A sadistic chuckle left Y/N's lips as a sad smile spread across her lips.

"Congratulations, you figured us out. What are you going to do now? Send us back to Belle Reve? I mean, we did steal millions and millions of dollars and not to mention are felons who broke out of prison."

This was it. It was over. In the end, they had a good run. But what would happen to Miss Lauren? What would happen to their team? At this point they were practically family, blood or not. And Skyro wouldn't stand a chance in prison, she was too sweet and kind.

"No."

Y/N's inner monologue was abruptly cut off by that one word. She could see the shock grow on a few faces of the Justice League as the tense air washed away.

"No?"

"No. What you did wasn't right. However, you did so with good intent. I see potential in all of you, and with some guidance and training, I think you'll find your place here, on the team."

"That is if you still want to be on it." Wonder Woman stated, a warm smile on her face.

Blood Bath and Beyond glanced at each other. Their eyes brimming with hope as they felt something they'd never felt before, acceptance. No words had to be spoken for the League to know what their answer was.

"Your training will start tomorrow at eight o'clock along with the other member of your new team. Don't be late-"

"And welcome to the team." Aquaman's statement rang out into the air as the teams split for the night. The younger of which brimming with excitement with dreams of the new opportunities and adventures on the horizons.