A Secret

Faith POV
"So Tim gets out of rehab today" Martina said as we sat on her front porch.
"Yup" I said looking straight ahead.
"You going to pick him up?" She asked tilting her head at me before taking a sip of her mimosa.
"Nope, his sponsor Keith is. I can't face him yet" I said with a shrug.
"So you're not gonna go see him at all, don't you think that's a little rude?"
"I mean eventually I will but I can't yet" I said with a sigh before looking over at her "honest opinion, do you think this 3rd time is going to stick?"
"Honey I really wanna say yes but it's alcoholism is a disease he's dealing with and is gonna fight every day" she said patting my thigh. "You gonna tell him when you see him?" She asked looking at the stroller in front of me.
"I don't know. How do I know telling him won't send him to the nearest bar instead of to the nearest meeting. I have to do what's best for her, it's not just me anymore" I said leaning forward and taking Gracie out of her car seat.
"You don't know the answer to that question until you tell him" she said with a small smile "but let's say you don't tell him until you can see that this time has stuck, and you run into him with Gracie and he asks about her what are you gonna tell him then?" She asked
"That I adopted her" I said with a shrug trying to sound convincing.
"Faith she's the perfect mix of you two if he can't tell he's blind"
"I leave for tour tomorrow so I don't have to worry about that happening for a while.

So if you can't tell I'm loosely basing this off of the show Nashville.