Fever

Faith POV
As I got on the bus all I could hear was Gracie crying and Kassie pleading for her to calm down.
"Kassie what's wrong??!" I asked taking Gracie from her.
"About 20 minutes ago she woke up screaming. I thought maybe she was hungry so I tried feeding her, when that didn't work I tried changing her, and when that didn't work I tried rocking her. I've tried everything, I thought maybe she just wanted you" she said on the verge of tears.
"Breathe Kassie, we'll figure this out. You did everything you could think of it." I said rocking Gracie in my arms trying to get her to stop crying. I felt her head and she felt a little warm. "Kassie grab me the thermometer, I think she might have a fever." I said starting to take her onesie off. My heart sank when I saw her temp was 102.  "Call Jason and tell him we need a medic for operation G" I said while trying my best to stay calm and cool Gracie off "Shhhh baby you're gonna be ok" I said trying to hold my own tears back. It felt like it took years for the medical team to show up but probably was only 15 minutes at most. When they took her from me to check her out it broke my heart that she just screamed louder. I wrapped my arms around myself and tried to hold back my own tears. This was one of the moments I wish Tim was here to hold me.