Chapter 8: Special Training (VOICE) + special changes

After that stressful acting session it’s now time for me to have my voice lesson. I went to the music room and saw JYP talking with Yenny-sunbae there. I entered the room and bowed down to them.

“Rhianne, you’re here now. Yenny will be with us today so she can also help me to train you in your voice.”

JYP is going to be my trainer, with Yenny-sunbae? O.o

At first, I had some vocalizations.

“Yadi yadi yadi yadi yadi yadi yadi yah.” Then it goes up.

Whenever I’m having my vocalization, I use my head tone during the high notes making me look like singing a classical song.

“Ooh, you can use your head tone? Daebak.” Yenny said.

“I told you she’s flexible.” JYP said.

Please don’t tell it. I feel so flattered.

“I think she’ll be able to sing IU’s Good day. Do you know the song?” Yenny asked me.

“I know it but I don’t memorize the song.” I said.

“It’s fine. We have the lyrics here. Can you read Hangul or you need it to be romanized?” she asked.

“Ahm, I prefer the Romanized version. I am still on the process of learning to read Hangul fast.” I said.

“Okay.” then she smiled. She looks very kind.

While Yenny-sunbae is fixing the lyrics, I continue to vocalize with JYP.

“Rhianne, I know you can belt songs. Try using your real voice in the higher parts of the vocalization.”

At first, I was able to make it but when it goes higher, I stopped.

“I can’t reach it with my real voice.” I told JYP.

“I see. So this will be your assignment. We’ll make the range of your real voice wider. Every day, when you wake up, press the G on the higher octave then try reaching for A. Currently, you’re real voice can only reach F.” JYP said. “But don’t use throat too much. Don’t put a lot of pressure to it. You should be able to know how to use the mixed voice.” JYP added.

“Mix voice?” I asked.

“Yes, the mix voice. In order for a person to avoid injuring his/her throat, he/she must learn it. Listen. Yenny, please come over here. You show Rhianne the difference between real voice, head tone and the mix voice.”

Yennye-sunbae sang a note using her real voice. Then the next she sang it with her head tone. I know the difference between those two. When Yenny-sunbae sang another note, it was like she was belting but you can see that she is not shouting. She stayed calm.