Chapter 20: Dream High 3

I went to my room and opened the notebook that Mark gave me. It looks like someone gave him this notebook too.

This notebook was full of notes on how to rap Korean songs. I wonder who gave this to him. But oh well, I need to practice this rap so tomorrow, I’ll be able to perform with them.

First Step: Read the rap and be familiarized in it

I read the rap part and started to feel it and memorize it. After a few minutes I was able to memorize half of it. I took a break first. I went out of my room to drink water.

While walking back to the room, I repeat the lines of the rap.

“Unnie is really in to it.” Jimin told Yerin.

I just smiled at them and continue walking to my room while repeating the lines. I repeat and repeat the lines until I was able to memorize it. It took me more than an hour to memorize such lines.

Second Step: Listen to the beat

I immediately get the recorder Onii-chan gave me. I listened first to the instrumental of the song. I started to feel the beat of the song. After that, I tried to transfer the music in my laptop and I made it a little slower so I will be able to go with the beat.

Third Step: Try singing with the beat

I first tried it with the slower version. I was able to go with the beat until the part of the whole new fantasy. I repeated it again and again until I was able to make it. After making it with the slower version, I tried it with the normal version. I almost made it on my first try. It’s just that my tongue twisted on the last part.

Ahhh! This is really hard. But I can feel the challenge. Haha. It may be hard but I will not give up because this is all I want. I want to learn how to rap too. Yeah! Aja, Aja Hwaiting!

I tried it again and again and I was able to make it.

“Yey!”

Fourth Step: Repeat and repeat it and just smile

I again repeated the song just to make sure I really memorized it. First, I sang it together with the lyrics. It was successful. I tried it without a copy and thank You Lord; I was able to make it. Yey!

I went out of my room.

“Oh? They are already sleeping?” I said to myself because the lights were already off.

I drank my milk there so I can sleep well tonight. I went back to my room and looked at the time.

“It’s already 2am? Why didn’t I feel sleepy?” I said.

I never knew that it took me almost 6 hours to memorize this rap. Haha. But at least I was able to make it.