Chapter 45: Philippines Day 2

Chapter 46: Philippines Day 2

Mark’s POV

“Mark.” a guy said.

Is someone waking me up? It’s still too early. The sun hasn’t risen up yet.

“Mark.”

Aish. This guy is really something.

I opened my eyes and saw Loidmar with Rhianne’s father. I immediately rose up and bowed to him. I saw Rhianne’s father laughing then he whispered something to Loidmar.

“Rhianne’s father said you should join us to get some woods and get some water in the river nearby. So you’ll be able to know the culture here in the Philippines plus…” Loidmar paused, “He wants to know if you will really work hard for Rhianne.”

“I’ll go. I’ll just change my clothes.” I said.

Loidmar stopped me, “No need Mark. You’ll get dirty anyway.”

I’ll get dirty?

Then they went out of the hut and I joined them. Sleeping on the hut really made my back ache. I just slept on wood. I’m not kinda comfortable but, I’ll do anything for Rhianne.

 Rhianne’s father brought an ax and some pointed things maybe for cutting the woods then Loidmar gave me two pails.

“What am I going to do with these?” I asked.

“We’re going to get water from the river and we need those containers.” Loidmar said.

“Is there no water supply here aside from the river?” I asked.

“We usually get our water from the river.” Loidmar said. “That’s our water supply here.”

And I was like ‘There’s really a place like this? No water supply? The government should pay attention to this.’

We started walking with flashlight since it’s still quite dark. I can still here some crickets.

We walked and walked and walked.

“Aren’t we there yet?” I asked Loidmar.

“We’re near.” he said.

“So you go all this far just to get water?” I asked.

“Yes.” he said. “When Rhianne was a child she usually comes with us until…”

“Until?” I asked.

“We’re here.” he said.