Gone Viral

| Cody |

"Is the new teenager with Alex Morgan really her kid? Or just a desperate individual after some money and attention?"

Im not even telling you wrote that.

"This is bad. Is this bad, Hope?" I look the the ex-pro who glances at me before returning to her phone. She bites her lip while slightly shaking her head. She doesn't know what to say, that much I can see.

I'm about to burden her with more questions, questions only Alex can answer, when the referee's whistle cuts me off, signalling the start of the game.

Time Skip.

Not a lot happened during the game.

That's not to say it was boring, Alex set Tobin up for a goal, the only goal of the game and Ali got injured. It didn't look too bad but that doesn't count for anything.

"Come on, the team is gonna be a while, so we'll meet them back at the house, lets go you two." Hope commands us, and we follow. All the way out the stadium into a mosh pit of reporters and camera flashes. I hear question after question, but I'm blinded by the flashes, I let Hope guide Jack and I through the crowd obviously being well adapted to this. But I can't ignore what's being shouted at me.

"Is it true you're a golddigger?"

"Who is your friend? Is she your girlfriend?"

"Are you her kid? Or is this just a charity act?"

"What gave you the inspiration to involve yourself in Morgan's life like this?"

I felt Hope hold onto me tighter, maybe because I was getting mad, or because she was. Either way none of us talk, we just try to push past the reporters and make it to Jack's car in one piece. Feeling like I can finally breathe again when I hear the engine roar to life, I let myself slump back into the seat, finally relaxing for the drive back home.

| Alex |

Tensions are still running high in the locker room, most of the girls feeling like we deserved more from the 1-0 win, some feeling Canada played rougher than usual, which didn't go down well considering it was a friendly game.