Jordan

| Jack |

Seeing my best friend sleeping soundly beside me brought back memories of how she lived before Alex popped up into her life. It fills me with anger to see Cody so frail looking, she's the one person in the world who deserves to be happy, she doesn't deserve the unfaithful bullshit that Mewis gives her.

I'm pulled from my rage inducing thoughts when I hear a knock on the door. I unwrap my arms from my best friend's waist and move to open the door, being careful not to wake sleeping beauty.

"Hey Alex, Hope." I whisper, letting them know to be quiet, when I notice that they aren't the only ones there. "Kelley, Tobin."

"How is she?" Alex asks as she walks by me, heading straight for her daughter.

"She's okay, now that she's unconscious." I mumble towards the end, glancing at my best friend.

I watch with a small smile as Alex climbs into the bed, pulling her daughter close, while arms wrap around me. I know it's Kelley because it feels different to when Hope hugs me.

"Hey mom." I greet her, and hear her sigh dreamily.

"Hey kid. How are you?"

"I was fine, until my best friend came back crying. Where the fuck is Kristie?" I ask, the anger clearly evident in my voice, catching everyone's attention.

"We don't know." Hope tells me as I watch Alex's jaw clenching.

"And you won't do anything, Jack. I mean it" Kelley finishes for Hope.

"Are you fucking kidding?" I respond, unable to contain the anger that's threatening to boil over. "Nobody hurts my best friend, not on my damn watch."

"Shut up, Jack." The quiet voice in the room catches the attention of everybody present. We watch as Cody sits up, looks at Alex in surprise, before glancing around the rest of the room. "Is this the pity party?" She asks, trying to make light of the situation, just like always.

"No. This is the 'stop Jack from killing Kristie' party." Tobin tells my best friend as she sits on the other side of Cody. She rubs her thumb under Cody's eye, wiping the remnants of runaway tears from her face, eliciting a small smile from Codes, and Alex.

"She isn't worth it." Alex tells me, but there's something about her expression that tells me she doesn't quite believe what she's saying.

"She's right." Cody tries, "She really isn't worth it."

"No, she's not." I agree. "But you are, Cody."

"That was fucking cute." Kelley ruins the moment. "Oh, I know! Why don't you two just date?"

"Way to make it awkward, Kel." Hope mutters, pulling her girlfriend onto the empty bed, simply to shut her up.

"How are you feeling, baby?" Alex asks Cody, as her daughter snuggles closer into her. I smile as Alex runs her fingers through my best friend's hair, Cody's eyes close as a result of the movement.

"Like I got hit by a train-"

A frantic knock at the door interrupts the cute mother/daughter moment, and Tobin follows me to the door, shrugging off the confused look I give her. Opening the door, all memories of the adorable moment I just witnessed completely evaporate, anger taking it's rightful place in my eyes.

"You fucking bitch!"  I lunge at Kristie, only to feel arms wrap around my waist, and Tobin pulling me back. "Put me down, Tobin! Let me at her!"

I continue trying to break free until I feel a firm hand on my shoulder. I instantly calm down, thinking it's Cody, but I look to see Alex standing with me. She seems eerily calm as she stares down Mewis, taking the complete opposite route I took. I'm not in the wrong, but I'm shit scared of the look Alex is wearing.

"I need to speak with Cody-" Kristie tries, attempting to walk through myself, Alex and Tobin, but Alex has other plans.

"No. What you need to do is turn around and fuck off. You don't get to treat her like crap and come back around when it's convenient for you. You had your chance, again and you blew it, again. Now leave." Alex finishes through gritted teeth.

"Mom...let her in." Everyone whirls around to look at Cody as if she has three heads. "You can wait outside."

| Cody |

I watch as everyone walks out of my room and Kristie enters. She looks good, which means she hasn't shed a single tear, unlike me - the naïve teenager who put all her hopes on her first real relationship. I almost crumble, wanting to throw my arms around her and tell her that we can fix this, we can move on, but knowing my family is on the other side of the door gives me the strength I need.

"Cody, babe. I'm so sorry-"

"No you're not." I start, my tone cold and affirmative. "You're sorry you got caught, like every other cheater in the world. You're no different."

"Cody-"

"I'm not done." I interrupt her again, my voice firm. "I should have known it would end this way, whenever we were together, you always wanted sex and suddenly it didn't matter what I went through before to make me uncomfortable with that, it was all about what you wanted. We're done, Mewis, if that wasn't obvious. I'm doing what I should have did a long time ago, I'm focusing on myself."

"Baby-"

"Get out." I hold her stare until she turns and leaves, her presence being replaced with Jack and my mom as everyone else does their own thing.

"I'm still kicking her ass." Jack insists as I cuddle into my mom's side.
_______

A few days later and Jack and I are in the stadium watching the States play England. It's nothing special, just a friendly before the World Cup, even if it's not being played like a friendly.

"This seat taken?" I hear an English accent, and I look up to see a familiar face that I can't quite place.

"Not at all..." I trail off, still examining the woman beside me. "You look familiar"

"Yeah, you kinda look like Tobin. A little" Jack mutters from beside me.

"I get that a lot more than I'd like." She laughs, and I could listen to her talk all day. "I'm Jordan." She holds her hand out for me to shake, and I do as it clicks in my brain.

"You're Jordan Nobbs!" I exclaim, simply relieved that I remembered where I'd seen her face from.

"I am." She laughs as she shakes hands with Jack who introduces both of us.

"- And this is Cody, forgive her bad manners." I slap Jack's arm, making the English woman chuckle.

"I'm sorry about your injury, I was watching that game." I console her, knowing she'll be missing the World Cup.

"Yeah..." She trails off, clearly still upset about it until the game catches our attention for a moment, then Jordan continues. "So, are you really Alex Morgan's kid?"

"I am...why?"

"Just wondering if you've met Heather. I miss her." She smiles, remembering her ex-teammate.

"She has, and I miss you too." HAO hugs the English one, not even letting her stand. "Hey Cody, Jack." She greets us too, before taking the seat beside Jordan.
_____

The States won, 1-0, thanks to mom, who ironically got assisted by Kristie, but...moving on.

I'm waiting on Jack to finish showering, before we head out to dinner with mom, Tobin, Kelley and Hope before everyone heads back to their clubs. I'm scrolling through my phone, looking at all my old emails when I stumble on one that catches my eye. I barely give it a second thought before I take down the attached phone number and call it.

"Hello?"

"Hi, this is Cody Morgan. I know it's been a few months but I was just curious...is your offer still open?"

"Ah, Miss Morgan. Our offer is definitely still on the table, we would be honored to have you on our roster."

A/N - A few chapters left!

Where is Cody going?