Percocet

| Jack |

I gulped as I watched Alex and Cody enter a glaring contest. I honestly couldn't tell who would win, but I knew if I was on the receiving end of a glare from Alex, I'd rather shrivel up and die than take her on. Sensing the tension begin to rise almost immediately, I look to Jordyn, who looks confused and increasingly uncomfortable - she obviously senses the tension too.

"Uh, hey Jordyn." I start, grabbing her attention and I see a look of relief on her features, but my best friend and her mother don't break eye contact with one another. "Let's go...somewhere else. I wanna get to know more about the girl my best friend hides from me." I offer her the out and she nods vigorously. My not-so-subtle bashing of my best friend grabs her attention and she looks to me, losing the glaring contest she was having with her mother. I smile innocently as I literally grab the hand of the Canadian and drag her out of the room and through to the sitting room, where Mewis is chatting away to Kelley, Tobin, Ellie and Hope. I get my own glare from Ellie when she spots me still holding Jordyn's hand. I drop it immediately as the Aussie raises an eyebrow at me, the entire interaction not missed by Hope, who in turn raises her own brow at me with a sly smirk on her face and at that moment, I know that she's put the puzzle together without a single question raised.

"So...", Hope trails off, grabbing the attention of everyone in the room, and I find myself gulping again.

"So, what?" Kelley asks, oblivious to the fact that the statement was meant for me.

"So, Jack. When were you going to tell us?" Hope asks me directly, and every single person in the room turns to me.

| Cody |

"Why are you still looking at me like that?"

"I told you to be careful Cody, then Kristie shows up hurt, and you have a cut on your head-"

"It was an accident, fuck!" I snap, getting tired of feeling like a suspect in a murder trial, I love my mom but she needs to chill.

"It's not just that-"

"Yeah okay then." I cut her off, trying to walk by her and out of the kitchen but she blocks the door, making me roll my eyes. "Please move."

"No. We're talking."

"I said please!" I yell at her. I honestly don't know why I yelled but I was overcome with guilt when I seen Alex slightly recoil from the sheer volume of my voice, no doubt the others in the house heard me too. I moved to walk out of the room again, internally happy when she doesnt physically try to stop me, but what she says next stops me in my tracks.

"Why do you have these?" I feel my stomach drop, my palms getting sweaty as I have a gut feeling I know what she's talking about before I even turn around. When I hear her shaking the almost empty pill bottle in her hand, I know my instincts were right. I turn around, unable to look my mother in the eyes, that is until I remember that I hid the bottle and if she found them it can only mean that she was looking for them.

"What the fuck, who do you think you are? Snooping around my room!" I ask, anger overtaking my better senses, and that I thought I had misplaced my pills four days ago, I'm starting to have withdrawal. I need my pills. I move to reach for the bottle but Alex only pulls her hand back, and keeps the bottle out of my reach.

"Why do you need these? How long have you been taking them? Do you even know what they are, and how addictive they are?" Although her voice somehow remains calm, the amount of questions she throws at me makes my head spin, quite literally.

"Uh. I need them because I need them. Of course I know what they are, I'm not an idiot, I'm not addicted, and I've been taking them a lot longer than I've known you." It isn't until I see my moms eyes start to gloss over that it registers what I've said.