She's A Morgan

| 3rd Person |

"So, he just gave you her address?" The woman with crazed green eyes asked her nephew, who had been cautiously watching her as she paced the length of the small, dirty kitchen.

"He did." He replied curtly, thinking back to his conversation with Mr Atkins, convincing the man that he wanted to be part of his daughter's life.

"Where does she live?" The woman asked, more insistant than he had ever seen his aunt, he had never felt so conflicted in his life, not even when his own daughter was arrested for drugging her sister. He had never cared for Cody, or Jo for that matter, he felt incapable until now. Now when he could see no way out for himself, or his one free daughter. "I asked you a question!"

"She's not there." He replied, not wanting to tell his Aunt where the girl is, knowing she would stop at nothing to have Cody back under her wing. "She's with her mother."

"I'm her mother!" She screeches, clearly offended, but the man doesn't flinch. "Now tell me, where does she live?" Her tone calmer, but the menacing expression on her face increases each day that passes, each day closer to her husband's trial for the sickening deeds he acted out on Cody.

The man should feel angry for what his own child, his own blood went through, but he didn't. He knew all along what his Aunt and Uncle were doing to his daughter, how they were treating her, but he had Jo and if he was being honest, he simply didn't care for Cody.

"Derek! I'm not asking again!"

| Jack |

"It's true, Cody." I tell my best friend as we walk along the beach. It's sunset and the sky is burning red, orange and the tiniest sliver of blue, each color reflecting off of Cody's eyes, making them all the more beautiful.

"What is?" She asks, coming to a halt directly in front of me, inches from my face.

"She doesn't deserve you." She scoffs at my answer, preparing to turn when I grasp her wrist and spin her back around. "I'm serious. You're beautiful, smart, funny and so damn loyal." I insist, completely honest as I lose my fight to keep my eyes locked with hers, and my line of sight drops to her lips for a split second, "Anyone would be lucky to have you."

Her brow furrows as she takes one single step closer to me, the warm breath escaping her mouth fans my face, instantly warming me against the cold breeze carried by the sea.

"Anyone?" She asks, as she glances at my lips, inching closer.

"Anyone." I tell her firmly, closing the remaining distance and kissing her passionately.

"Jack? JACK!" I feel someone smack my face. "Wake the fuck up!"

Jolting awake, I sit up and see Cody staring at me in annoyance, which I would address if I wasn't so fucking confused about what the hell just happened in my dream. I didn't like my best friend, did I?

"Finally." Cody mumbles, breaking me from my panicked thoughts. "I'm hungry, hurry up and lets gooo!"

_____

"There you are, we were about to send a search party" Tobin jokes as Cody and I sit with their group for breakfast, avoiding Kristie at all costs.

"Jack wouldn't wake up" Cody grumbles and I throw her a playful look, and she laughs me off.

As Cody talks with her mom and Tobin, Hope and Kelley continue their conversation with Becky, JJ and Crystal until Hope leans closer to me, "Are you okay? You're quiet." She asks, as she pulls me away from my thoughts about my dream. I only nod my head, and it's enough to convince her for now, but I know that she'll ask me again later. I avoid glancing at Cody, already feeling her eyes on me.

| Cody |

"So how is Australia?" I ask Ellie, finally having a moment alone to call her.

"Is that really what you want to ask me?"

"Well...actually yeah, it is but now that you mention it, what the hell, E?" I finally ask what she's been waiting for, my tone changing from one of playfulness and happiness to hurt and anger. "I get that Jack hurt you, but I didn't and you just-"

"I took it out on you and cut you off, I know. I'm sorry Cody, but whenever I seen you, I thought of her, and when we spoke, I just wanted to ask about her. I got hurt all over again, I needed to get away." I ignore the clear implication of her needing to get away - from me - and decide that if I was in her shoes I'd have reacted the same way, only I wouldn't get back in touch at all.

"It's okay, Els. I'm just glad you're okay, I was worried."

"I'm fine, really. I missed being home. How are you?" She asks, and I think back to all the shit I went through while she was gone, when I needed a friend like her.

"I'm good, with my mom at camp then she's gonna come back to Idaho for a few days before flying back to Orlando."

"How come?"

"How do you know there's a reason?" I tease, but genuinely curious.

"I know you, and I know how busy she is, there must be a reason."

"I'm signing with a team, who will remain nameless." I add before she can ask, "My mom has to sign something since I'm...you know-"

"A child."

"Fuck off."

| Alex |

"She's really going through with it?" Jeri asks as we talk over Skype, I needed some sisterly advice.

"I think so. She has this look in her eyes when we talk about it, it's pure determination."

"Like mother like daughter." My sister laughs as I roll my eyes.

"I didn't go straight abroad, I'm worried that her throwing herself in at the deep end, is gonna backfire on her."

"Because of her addiction issues?" Jeri asks, and I can tell by the tone of her voice that she's trying to approach the subject carefully, but at the end of the day it's not something that can be brought up lightly.

"Yeah. Kyle was in Idaho with her, she's having cravings that she's not even telling me about, and I'm just supposed to let her leave the country?"

"Alex?"

"Yeah?"

"Shut the fuck up. Cody's is a great kid, and it sounds like she just doesn't want to disappoint you. You were her hero before she knew she was your daughter, she doesn't want to let you down, all you need to do is be there for her and reassure her when she needs it. If she knows that you're her number one supporter, then she'll be fine."

"How do you know?"

"She's a Morgan".

| Tobin |

"C'mon, Tobs. When are you going to ask?" Christen continues to ask as we walk onto the field for practice.

"I don't know."

"Just ask her, I'm sure she'll go along with it." I glance at Alex, who smiles at me before continuing her one touch passing routine with Carli and Syd.

"I'll ask her for you." Christen tells me, and walks away until I grab her shirt and stop her.

"I'll ask her myself, when the time is right." She raises a brow as I mumble in defeat.

"What do you mean 'when the time is right'?"

"Alex has been...a little occupied with Cody. Something's going on, I just don't know what yet."

| Cody |

I'm back at the stadium with Jack and Hope as we watch the US players training. My eyes mostly stay on my mom, watching her come to life when she has the ball at her feet.

"She looks like you when you run." Jack chuckles, clearly watching my mom. "Ew. Preath." She gags, and I glance at her to see where she's looking, and spot Tobin pulling Press back.

"Some people would hurt you for saying that." I laugh, but my eyes remain on the two until Jill yells at them to get to work and they seperate.

"I'm all about that Talex." My head snaps to my best friend, grossed out when someone says that about my mom. "I'm just kidding. Tobin's my future wife, tell your mom I'm sorry." She laughs. "But d.on't tell Tobin, she doesn't know yet."

"You're unbelievable" I laugh at Jack, along with Hope who shakes her head in disbelief. "There's something I need to tell you though."

"What is it?" Jack immediately questions, clearly concerned, not helped when I roll my eyes.

"We can talk about it later-"

"Nope. I can't wait until later. What is it?"

"I'm signing for a team." I tell her, and Hope's head snaps to me too.

"Who?"