Coming back

Liza's POV:

We agreed together to take a break. It wasn't healthy for us to be together. That's what we both agreed on. But I can't help but admit to thinking about you when I'm alone in my empty bed.

I catch myself twiddling with the ring you made for me made of the gravel from the place where we first kissed. I try to put the ring in the back of my dresser to hide it from myself. But I always find it. It's a little piece of us in a ring. I hold it tight as if I'm holding you.

Even though I miss him dearly, we decided on a break. We broke up. We are ex's. But that doesn't mean we aren't best friends. We both found someone new and he seems happy. I'm certainly not. I catch myself comparing my new boyfriend, Thomas,  to David. Thomas doesn't hold me the same, look at me the same, hug me the same, or even kiss me the same.

While I'm unhappy with my new boyfriend, David seems quite happy. He's always smiling when he's around her. He deserves this. I just wish he was still that happy with me. I just have to face that he is never coming back ever. But I can't face it. It's like that story in the Bible. I feel as if if I turn around, I will turn to stone when I face the fact.

I am distracted from my thoughts as I hear the doorbell ring. I look at my phone. It's two in the morning. There is no way I'm answering that. It's probably some creep or someone wanting to kill me. I lay my head back against a pillow. But then, my phone starts ringing. The name 'Bubba' appears on the screen. David. Why is he calling in the middle of the night? I answer.

"Hello?"

"Liza. Could you come open the door?"

"Yeah. I'm coming."

"Okay babe- Liza."

He hung up quickly.

I promptly pull back the sheets and allow my feet to touch the cold hardwood. I step carefully down the stairs until I reach the door. I can't do this. I can't just open the door that would reveal the person that has consumed my every thought since I met him all those years ago. But I still do.

We meet eye to eye. I studied his face. He seemed to be crying. Suddenly I feel a tear roll down my face and we both are crying. He enters my house ever so carefully without breaking eye contact. He shuts the door and locks it making sure no devoted fan is out there and hears or catches us. He presses his back to the door stating a short distance away from me. I couldn't move. It was like I was frozen. Eventually, we were both able to say three simple words that changed everything for us.

"I miss you."

To which I replied, "I miss you too."

Woah look at me. Haven't posted in a long time. Whoops. I'm gonna try to write more but school is hard lol.

Comment and hit that star button! Love you guys!

11-5-18
537 words