Suicide part 2

David's reaction
I have become very worried about Liza. I started seeing bruises and she's been wearing a lot of baggy cloths lately. I made a huge mistake by breaking up with her. I need her more than I really would like to admit. That's why I'm going back to her house.

It's not the best house in the best part of town but it's a house. We have been best friends for a  long time so I just let myself in through the garage. I noticed that her dad was not home so I just called out for her once I got into the house. No one replied. That's weird. I know she's home cause her car is in the driveway.

I walk upstairs into her bedroom. I finally hear the bathroom water running and head towards it carefully knocking.

"Liza. Hey I know you are in there. I- I just wanted to say i'm sorry and that I love you."

After a few moments with no answer i start to get worried.

"Liza?"

"Liza???"

I open the door seeing an absolute nightmare. I can't even process anything I just immediately pick her up and try to stop the bleeding coming from her arms.

I lay her in the backseat of my car as we drive to the hospital. I pray the entire way there that she will be okay.

But she wasn't okay. She would not make it. Two lives were lost that day. And one heart and soul was ripped in half, never to be put back together again.

finished august 30th 2019
268 words