Two: Aussie

Lexi's POV

I had gotten back from my last class about an hour ago. I opened my closet doors and stood in front of the t shirts, dresses and other various clothes that hung in front of me. I sighed, looking through my dresses, until one of them sparked my interest. I shut my bedroom door and stripped, putting on the tight maroon dress. I looked in the mirror and quickly decided that it was too much. I found a pair of my black ripped skinny jeans and a black lacy top, and nude strappy heels. I put on the outfit and looked in the mirror. I left the room and walked a few steps to Sam's room, knocking on her door. 

"Come in." I heard her say, as I turned the door knob and stepped inside to see her doing her makeup. 

"Dang look at you." She commented, looking at my outfit. 

"So I look okay?" I asked. 

"You look great." She smiled. 

"What are you wearing?" I asked her, as she picked up a makeup brush. 

"I don't know yet." She shrugged. 

"Did Michael text you back?" I asked curiously.

"Yeah, he'll come by in about an hour and a half." She said, focusing on her reflection in the mirror. 

"Okay." I said, second guessing myself and wondering if I should wear that dress. 

AN HOUR AND A HALF LATER

I heard a knock on our door. 

"Sam!" I yelled, wanting her to answer the door as I shut off my curling iron. I looked in the mirror, hoping I would blend in. 

"Hey you." I heard Michael say as I sat on my bed and put on my heels. 

"Hi." I heard Sam say, and I could imagine her smiling. 

"This is Luke, Luke this is Sam." Luke? I don't know of anyone named Luke. I grabbed my phone and left my room. I fixed my hair as I walked towards the door and l looked up to see a tall blonde standing next to Michael, who was already looking at me when I saw him. I looked away after a second. 

"Lexi, this is Luke, Luke this is Lexi." Michael unenthusiastically introduced the two of us. 

"Hey." He spoke in an Australian accent, making him already more attractive than he was. 

"Hi." I smiled, noticing his piercing blue eyes. 

"You guys ready?" Michael asked. 

"Yeah." Sammy nodded, as we left our dorm. Her and Michael walked down the hallway, already engaged in a conversation, leaving Luke and I together. 

"So... you're Australian." I commented, starting a conversation. 

"I was born and grew up in Sydney." He told me with a smile.

"What made you come here for college?" I asked. 

"Well I came to the States for the first time and when I was out doing all the touristy things I met Michael. That was around five years ago. Once I went back home, we continued talking and eventually became really close friends. We both wanted to go to the same college and here we are." He explained, as I intently listened, drawn in by his accent. 

"Wow, that's a story." I smiled, causing him to look over at me. 

"What about you and Sam?" He asked, as I noticed Michael and Sammy walk into a room ahead of us. 

"C'mon slowpokes." He called out, holding the door for us. We went inside the room and could immediately smell the alcohol. 

"Sammy and I grew up together and have dreamed of going to college together ever since we were young. I guess dreams do come true sometimes." I joked, having to talk over the pop music that was playing. 

"So a typical girl thing." He winked, causing me to playfully roll my eyes. 

"Yeah." I laughed. 

"Do you want a drink?" He asked. 

"Why not?" I shrugged. 

"I'll be back then." He said, before disappearing into the crowd of people dancing and drinking. I looked around, thinking Sam and Michael were nearby but they weren't anywhere in sight. I noticed a large window behind me and looked out to see lights from nearby buildings glimmering in the dark. I guess I'd gotten lost in thought because after what felt like only a minute, Luke had returned. 

"Here you go." He handed me a red solo cup. 

"Thanks." I took a sip, still looking out the window, and the liquid burned going down my throat, yet at the same time was really bitter. 

"What is this?" I laughed after we'd both taken a sip and had the same reaction. 

"Honestly, I'm not sure, there was some guy in the kitchen making them." He laughed, and I couldn't help but admire his smile. 

"Well, cheers." I shrugged, holding up my cup. 

"Cheers." He winked, holding his up. 

A FEW HOURS LATER

Luke and I were just sitting in a corner talking when someone's voice came on the microphone. 

"Alright, it's that time of night. Grab your lady and we're gonna slow it down." 

I watched as drunk college students paired up and a slower song began to play. Luke stood up and I thought he was either going to get another drink or going to the bathroom. 

"May I have this dance?" He asked, holding his hand out. I felt my face heat up, but it might've just been the excessive amount of alcohol in my system. I took his hand as he pulled me up and led me towards everyone in the middle of the room. I draped my arms around his neck, his hands going to my waist. We moved along with the music and I think I got lost in his eyes at one point, because the song ended almost as fast as it started, and a more upbeat song had started. 

"Did I mention how gorgeous you look?" He whispered with a smirk, pulling me in as his hands travelled to my lower back. 

"You look pretty handsome yourself Luke Hemmings." I imitated him with a smirk, as he leaned in, attaching his lips to mine, and I didn't think twice before kissing him back. 

---A/N---

NEW BOOK! 

okay so dont get me wrong, luke is still attractive but like, remember 2014/2015 luke hemmings? yeah that's the luke hemmings in this book.

you're welcome ;)

-lexi