Six: Protective

Lexi's POV

Just at the last minute, Sam and Michael ended up seeing a different movie than Luke and I, which was okay because that left time for just us two. We walked out of the movie theater, and tossed our empty popcorn bucket in the garbage on the way out. 

"That was probably the worst movie I've seen in awhile." Luke laughed as we waited outside. 

"I know, normally sequels aren't that bad." I agreed, shaking my head. The whole time we'd just laughed and goofed around, really not even paying much attention to the shitty movie on the screen. I pulled my phone out of my back pocket of my jeans and texted Sam. 

Me: we just finished the movie, do you want us to wait for you guys or should we just go home?

A few seconds after, I got a text back. 

Sam: the movie started late, so u guys can just go

"Their movie started late, so Sam said not to wait for them." I said to Luke, as we began to walk to the parking lot. 

"Are you cold?" Luke asked as we walked, thinking he might've noticed my arms crossed tightly across my chest. 

"A little bit." I said, looking at the light pinks and oranges of the soon-to-be sunset.  

"Here." He said stopping in the middle of the parking lot, taking off his sweatshirt.

"Thanks." I laughed, taking from him, although he didn't need to do that. I put it on and it smelled strongly of his cologne. We walked to his car and got in. 

"Next time we'll have to go see a better movie." Luke commented as he drove, making me smile since he wanted there to be a next time. 

"Definitely." I nodded. 

"Did you finish the psychology homework?" He asked after a few minutes. 

"I was gonna work on it tonight. Do you wanna work on it together?" I asked. 

"I might need your help, turns out I'm not very good at psychology." He glanced at me for a second before returning his gaze to the road. 

"Of course." I smiled to myself. After walking into the building and onto our floor, Luke grabbed his key from his pocket. 

"I need to go print something for my English class." I thought out loud, as I unlocked the door to Sam and I's dorm. 

"Do you want me to come with?" Luke asked. 

"It's okay, it shouldn't take long. If you want you can just come back to my dorm and get organized." I told him, as he began to walk to his dorm to get his textbook and homework. 

"Okay." He smiled. I walked down the hallway to the staircase and went down one flight of stairs and walked into the computer lab. Surprisingly there were only a few computers open. I sat down at one and logged into Google Drive, finding my file. I pressed print but then the computer froze. I didn't notice the boy next to me until he spoke. 

"They really need to get new computers." He said, and I glanced at his screen to see it with the loading symbol, before turning to look at him. He was quite attractive, with brown hair and dark brown eyes. 

"What's your name?" He asked, making me feel slightly intimidated as we made eye contact. 

"I'm Lexi." I introduced myself. 

"Harrison." He said, and my stomach dropped. Harrison. 

"What are you doing in a computer lab at almost 9:00 at night?" He asked, leaning just a little bit closer to me. I thought if I should answer or not or just leave. 

"I'm just printing an assignment." I told him, suddenly feeling genuinely scared. I glanced back to my computer screen to see that the computer had unfroze. I pressed the print button and heard the printer on the other side of the room. I almost felt relieved. 

"I'm sorry but I have to go." I said, logging off the computer and standing up. I was about to walk towards the printer when he grabbed my wrist rather tightly. I looked back at him and the look in his eyes was almost emotionless. 

"You don't just leave in the middle of a conversation." He whispered. It was almost as if I could hear my heart beating, and it wasn't slow. I pulled away from his grasp and grabbed my paper before quickly making my way out of the room. I hesitantly looked back over my shoulder to see him watching me leave. I began to walk faster until I was running down the hallway and up the stairs. I made it to my floor and put my hand over my mouth, trying to calm down. I walked into my dorm to see Sam, Michael and Luke. I stepped inside and shut the door behind me, leaning against it as I tried to catch my breath. 

"What's wrong?" Luke asked, looking concerned. 

"He was in the computer lab. Harrison. The main suspect from the party." I said, my vision blurring and tears threatening to fall.

"Where is he now?" Luke asked, getting up and walking to the door. 

"Lexi, move away from the door." He said, as he opened it and looked out into the hallway. 

"Are you sure it was him? There could be lots of Harrison's here." Sammy scoffed. 

"Obviously it was him, do you not see how upset she is right now?" Luke snapped, leaving her in silence. 

I walked into the bathroom and before I could shut the door, Luke stepped inside. 

"God, I should've came with you..." He muttered, hugging me tightly. 

"It's not your fault." I told him, pulling away and looking up at him. 

"But if I came with you, you wouldn't have been alone." He argued. 

"There were other people there." I said, which was half-true, but they were all preoccupied and probably didn't even see me walk in. I looked in the mirror at the mascara that had smeared. I opened my makeup bag and took out a makeup wipe, getting rid of all of it. Luke was watching me through the mirror as he leaned against the door. 

"He didn't touch you did he?" He asked, and I glanced at my reflection, at the red marks on my wrist, mostly hidden by Luke's sweatshirt that was too big on me. 

"No." I lied, not wanting to make the situation worse. Worse than it already was. 

---A/N---

so luke & lexi seem to get along

-L